IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
9/27/18, 12:29 PM   #91
chrismattlin

This is the most asinine thing USAC has done since it forced this website to change it's name.

9/27/18, 12:55 PM   #92
Re: Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
But it is also a very “Soft” world today. People/Organizations get butt hurt very easily nowadays. I have a word for them, but I would get suspended from this site if I posted it. Sigh......

This guy gets it! Bob has made an excellent point here.

I'm going to hope calling the people/organization "snowflakes" doesn't get me suspended again.

9/27/18, 1:25 PM   #93
tdt636

I miss the good old days when a driver could tell them to kiss his dick on national TV and get away with it 😂😂😂

9/27/18, 1:46 PM   #94
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdt636 View Post
I miss the good old days when a driver could tell them to kiss his dick on national TV and get away with it 😂😂😂

I love the net, It lets us discuss things while not having to be in person. I myself never try to not to speak to someone on the net any different than I would in person.
But at times like this.
I miss the days you took it straight to the source or by long distance phone calls and not a instant inflammatory tweet for all to see..

How do you think "You tried to kill your buddy Rico last year" Would go over in person? Id guess both would be in the hospital or jail or some combnaton of te two

4 members like this post: Dirteater, fish, PJ Wright, racingirl
9/27/18, 3:01 PM   #95
captrat

If in fact one or more promoters/track owners complained to USAC about the Ballou remarks this smells like monetary blackmail. So much for an independent sanctioning body. I understand USAC is in a difficult position, but the punishment does not fit the crime.

5 members like this post: duel, flagboy55, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, RedRacer07
9/27/18, 3:45 PM   #96
Cage Faraday

So this is USAC... No thanks. I read the posts RB put up and I don't recall him saying anything specifically about them. He did speak about the track, but so what? He didn't actually claim the track was trying to kill people, he asked whether or not it would take a death for changes to be enacted. Having said that, I do not think its wise or helpful to take to social media to voice your opinion, but the reaction from USAC reminds me too much of NASCAR and I HATE them. The irony that this revolves around Tony Stewart of all people, being upset about someone shooting their mouth off is the summit of HYPOCRISY. I've been a TS fan for more than 20 years and supported him the whole way thru ALL his tirades and he chooses to have the boom lowered on RB for something he's done dozens of times. Not cool, not cool at all Smoke. There are other series to run besides USAC, they ain't the only game in town, WAR would be glad to have him as well as several others if he wants to drop in. I don't agree with using social media as a way to raise concerns or complaints, but making it a serious enough offense to warrant suspension and appropriation of monies already earned is too much IMHO. Also I seriously doubt anything RB said had any effect on any events or put any in danger. If TS was threatening that to USAC, then shame on them both. Social Media posts arent whats hurting motorsports and silencing an exciting driver only makes them look like, "The Bad Guy". RB shouldn't have taken to twitter, but the president does that 20 times a week in the fake news. All TS had to do was ignore him but he didn't and to me is just as guilty at contributing to the flame war. I'm turning in my TS fan card, no thanks dude, you have gotten way to big for your britches.
Last edited by Cage Faraday; 9/27/18 at 3:50 PM.

9/27/18, 5:32 PM   #97
racingirl

Actually 3rd time they talked to him about the same thing in 2016 & 2017 and now.

2 members like this post: fish, mike-chicago
9/27/18, 6:15 PM   #98
racingirl

Give me a freaking break, I would love to see him pass Darland!! Not going to happen!!!
Last edited by racingirl; 9/27/18 at 6:17 PM.

9/27/18, 7:19 PM   #99
ThePurple73

USAC is THE premier professional open wheel organization and has been for years. You have tracks and advertisers who count on USAC to have this type of races. USAC is bigger than any one racer.

If racers have issues, just move on to another organization.

4 members like this post: Dirteater, fish, FishBurger, mike-chicago
9/27/18, 7:28 PM   #100
Stealth87

I apologize if this has already been brought up. But didn't Stewart just make a HUGE fuss and basically shame the WoO for not letting him have his trailer at their shows earlier this year? He completely belittled them on twitter over that deal. And he even kept bringing it up for DAYSSSSS.

If Ballou was warned multiple times, then suspend him some races and don't pull his points fund money. Or suspend him the rest of the year if they must. But for crying out loud, don't pull his points fund money. That is absolutely ********. The guy spent TONS of hard earned money to follow you around and support you all year long. This is how you repay the guy? Absolutely too harsh of a punishment
Last edited by Stealth87; 9/27/18 at 7:32 PM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season