IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2 Questions 1 more serious then the other.
3/3/17, 3:30 PM   #11
Re: 2 Questions 1 more serious then the other.
Jerry Spencer

Josh do not slip after he adjust them but he like a lot of other drivers use a little tape to tape the remaining bit so it does not fly around

Jerry

3/3/17, 4:21 PM   #12
darnall

I used to fight the exact same problem with my arm restraints... guys always cinch their belts under yellow but rarely under green...I was relocating and cinching my arm restraints every 2-3 laps before they got far enough down on my wrist to get tied up on something. I sat down with my suit at home one night and tinkered with placement of all the connection rings and cinch straps until I clocked them and lined everything up in a location that would allow me to cinch quickly/blindly if needed. Once I found that happy place I had my wife pull out a needle/thread and just put a dab of stitching through the heavier/padded half into the sleeve of my suit. I converted them into 2 pieces that joined each other and the belts with a repelling quality caribienner (IDK how to spell that word).

It was amazing how much that improved the issue. They never tried to move again. Turns out that if the padded part is secured to your sleeve it causes your sleeve to bunch up a bit when you cinch em down and that bunching probably holds em in place as much or more than the stitching does.

3/3/17, 5:25 PM   #13
Can26

I used to have issues with arm restraints moving and getting caught on the wheel. I had Impact sew two sets of "D" rings on each arm. The first is near the wrist, the second on the bicept. I run the restraint strap from the wrist up to the bicept then down to the lap belt. It is now impossible for them to get caught in the wheel or anything else. Been working great for two years now.

3/4/17, 12:05 AM   #14
treecitytornado

I've worn Simpson arm restraints and Simpson suits for over 20 years. I always yank on both arm restraint straps Everytime I put them on and never had one move on the race track, ever.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2 Questions 1 more serious then the other.