IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smoke
2/15/17, 12:24 PM   #21
Re: Smoke
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshuman View Post
MUCH smaller scale, but I told myself I would not run in any WAR races while I owned/operated the series.
Theres a slight difference when the guy who runs the show is the guy who used to stomp all our peepees in the dirt every time he got in one of those Hockett cars... hahaha

Maybe a smaller scale as of today... but I can see in the near future WAR being to USAC what the AllStars are to WOO

3 members like this post: oppweld, Simon_says17, TQ29m
2/15/17, 2:47 PM   #22
cshuman

Haha, I appreciate the compliment.. it's been fun helping the WAR Series grow and get the exposure we have in the last year. We plan to keep that up in 2017!

2/15/17, 4:02 PM   #23
cws9

Hey Shuman....I think we (MLS) have 3 races in common with WAR this year. Let me know if you want to drive my lightning sprint. First chance would be May 13th.

2/15/17, 5:38 PM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Fry doesn't run his own BOSS series but has had people wheel his car.

Also just seen where Kyle Larson is running Smokes 14 tonight.

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
2/17/17, 10:52 AM   #25
Backitin

If Tony wants to have some fun he needs to come ride some speedway.
Few years back he came out to a speedway race in N.C. He was enthralled and vowed to give it a try. Suppossedly one of the stipulations in his contract was that he couldn't have any fun. Well theres no more reason He cant come take some laps and experience the best feeling in all of motorsports. I've driven a lot of stuff, nothing comes close to riding speedway.
Dead serious, throw me a pm. We'll have you on a bike, race night or private session don't matter. its a sad racer who never experience's a speedwaybike at least once.

2/18/17, 10:29 AM   #26

Contrary to you politically correct people, I believe drivers should work things out. That is one of the reasons why our sport has lost its character. When I grew up if you made a bone headed move, you better hope a tongue lashing is all you received. Like it or not, it put fans in the stands.

6 members like this post: Aces&Eights, CRA91, Jtravels, PIT CART, The Old Coyote, trannyman
2/18/17, 10:59 AM   #27
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
Contrary to you politically correct people, I believe drivers should work things out. That is one of the reasons why our sport has lost its character. When I grew up if you made a bone headed move, you better hope a tongue lashing is all you received. Like it or not, it put fans in the stands.
I agree with you, as long as its driver to driver, not family, crew and any other knucklehead along who is there to grab a cheap shot. I don't think extended family and friends should be involved at all, except to make sure things stay fair. I've seen some really ugly stuff happen because it becomes a (family)gang situation, with one rat sneaking around behind with a jack handle or some other instrument. Driver to driver only.

4 members like this post: CRA91, Jerry Shaw, sprinter14, The Old Coyote
2/18/17, 11:12 AM   #28
sttmn

Yea. Just like the Kevin Ward family situation.

2/18/17, 11:52 AM   #29
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sttmn View Post
Yea. Just like the Kevin Ward family situation.
I'm not making the connection?
Last edited by Aces&Eights; 2/18/17 at 1:11 PM.

3 members like this post: erich45, leftturnonly, PIT CART
2/18/17, 12:52 PM   #30
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
I totally agree with the settlement factor.I believe most of this discussion is rather a division/class owner should be participating in what he runs.that opens a different door of how things in general are,or will be handled.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smoke