IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Stands
7/27/19, 8:41 AM   #1
Bloomington Stands
macngravy

The stands are awful
Attached Images
8F2029AF-8703-4E6C-AC98-E4205EAF4687.jpeg (815.7 KB, 418 views)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/27/19, 10:45 AM   #2
KingRandomUser

They are merely temporary. They are already planning on fixing the actual stands after their Aug 30th final race.

IMO I'd really like to see them do a setup similar to LPS, which would be ideal given all the lawn chair seating on the hill anyways. But time will tell.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Eatin Dirt, skids59, tirespinner
7/27/19, 11:02 AM   #3
SoIllSprinter

But the fact that they are temporary shouldn’t impede on my God given right to bellyache. Cmon man!

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner
7/27/19, 11:03 AM   #4
Re: Bloomington Stands
BrentTFunk

We were in a handicapped parking space in turn 4. We could not see much of the front straight. That includes in front of us where there was no new grandstand. I would like to see a big steep grandstand where your on top of the action.

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
7/27/19, 11:08 AM   #5
Jerry Shaw

As long as they remain mindful of the fact that bringing your lawn chair and watching the racing on the lower part of the Bloomington Speedway hillside with your racing friends is one of the best things in our racing scene, whatever they decide to do will work out fine.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/27/19 at 11:13 AM.

7/27/19, 12:17 PM   #6
Rpracing1

Thanks to a couple of cool folks, we sat in 3rd row from top of grandstands and had fabulous seats! Thanks guys!

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, coachmeece, Dirtfan, tirespinner, wildman92
7/28/19, 10:13 AM   #7
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRandomUser View Post
They are merely temporary. They are already planning on fixing the actual stands after their Aug 30th final race.

IMO I'd really like to see them do a setup similar to LPS, which would be ideal given all the lawn chair seating on the hill anyways. But time will tell.
While I love LPS and how their seating accommodates chairs. This becomes an issue when you have a crowd like the sprint week show, for every two lawn chairs you easily loose a seating spot for one adult. While normally this is not an issue, it was on Thursday with a SRO crowd.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, tirespinner
7/28/19, 12:21 PM   #8
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
While I love LPS and how their seating accommodates chairs. This becomes an issue when you have a crowd like the sprint week show, for every two lawn chairs you easily loose a seating spot for one adult. While normally this is not an issue, it was on Thursday with a SRO crowd.
Totally agree. At Bloomington Friday, I had 4 different people offer me extra seats if I brought a chair. I would sacrifice comfort for a good view for everyone.

3 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner, TNRustler
7/28/19, 1:47 PM   #9
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Totally agree. At Bloomington Friday, I had 4 different people offer me extra seats if I brought a chair. I would sacrifice comfort for a good view for everyone.
Mr. Funk, I agree. I have a love/hate relationship with Bloomington. It is, in my humble opinion, one of the most picturesque tracks in Indiana, and maybe the country, and I just love it. But, the seating and sight lines have been less than ideal, and I hate that part.

The last 3 years the crowds have been so large and so many people stood in the walkway behind the grandstands, it was almost impossible to see turn 4 and the main straight from up on the hillside above the walkway.

This year, we got to Bloomington about 10:30, managed to get a couple of seats in the new grandstands and actually got to see the whole night's events. Yes, I agree, the new grandstands are less than ideal and they are temporary, but they are WAY safer than the old ones, and yes, I understand that they now block the sight lines for all the people that used to sit in lawn chairs up on the hill.

I don't know what the perfect solutions to satisfy everyone, but what they had before didn't work for big crowds and the old grandstands were a hazard. At least these grandstands are safe!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, tirespinner, wildman92
7/28/19, 6:49 PM   #10
Bad Dad 54

Had a coupla brothers took over a track not far from me & they replaced a buncha boards & painting anything that stands still long enough, race nights yur ok

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Stands