IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UMRA Thursday at greensburg
7/7/14, 7:44 PM   #1
Jrp4554

Just wondering what start times were and format. I know it's the Dwenger memorial so I didn't know what it paid to start or win. Any details are appreciated. Thanks
Last edited by Jrp4554; 7/7/14 at 8:33 PM.

7/7/14, 11:00 PM   #2
treecitytornado

Pits Open at 4 before you can come earlier and park
Hot Laps at 630
Quals at 7
Racing around 8.
25 Lap Feature.
Fly over, special National Anthem, Kids Bicycle Races to win New Bikes, former Dwenger drivers from the past coming out to the track, and much more!
Come out and honor a great racing family!!
I will be the Announcer for the evening too!
Thanks,
J.T. Stapp
Last edited by treecitytornado; 7/7/14 at 11:07 PM.

7/11/14, 8:56 AM   #3
Re: UMRA Thursday at greensburg
DAD

How about the results from last night?

Honest Dad himself

7/11/14, 10:27 AM   #4
24midgets

It was long and drawed out .but would of got my moneys worth if aj felker would of raced feature.but he bump a few guys in heat race .and that didn't go over so well with a few.but if the guys he hit would set the car and get on the gas maybe they would not got hit.

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/11/14, 10:31 AM   #5
treecitytornado

Ronnie Combs was your Dwenger Memorial 25 Lap Feature Winner! He got the lead from Tristan Maggart about halfway through and never looked back. The track kept getting faster as the night went on. Combs turned the fast lap of the race at a 16.386, only a tenth off the track record! Eric Fehrman was the Dash and a Heat Winner. Johnny Goff was the other Heat Winner. Behind Combs in the feature were, Johnny Goff, Eric Fehrman, and Anton Hernandez. More results will be posted on the UMRA website soon. I had a blast announcing and look forward to doing it some more.
Thanks,
J.T. Stapp

7/11/14, 11:04 AM   #6
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
How about the results from last night?

Honest Dad himself

That bring back to memory the last time Tony raced with UMRA down at a little race track in Chandler Indiana, a guy in front of him brake checked him and got spun out in the process (very Obvious) so they put AJ on the tail and let the other racer remain on the pole. It was sure an exciting time in the Grand Stands that night the entire crowd was up waving their arms and booing the results of that race.

They have what you would call a "living rule book" they simply make the rules up according to who is involved and what suits their purpose at that point in time.

Tony is a very aggressive driver that is what is required to win in most forms of racing. These guys remind me of the post about car colors. Winning the race is no where near as important to them as preventing a scratch on their Beautiful "No Go Show Boat Race Car". In this case apparently "a thorn of experience" in the form of newly formed TQ racing groups has not deterred them from their original core beliefs how they should run their races.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/11/14 at 1:51 PM.

7/11/14, 12:32 PM   #7
badcoupe

I wasn't there last night, but I know in the past when he ran TQ's he was rather reckless. He was fun to watch but tore up a lot of people's cars in the process, we always called him banzai!. DAD, he had a similar situation in rushville years ago driving for the great Jim Berry. They tried to black flag him off the track for roughing up a Goff car. He stayed out and lapped the field for the heck of it. How many cars last night?

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/11/14, 12:55 PM   #8
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I wasn't there last night, but I know in the past when he ran TQ's he was rather reckless. He was fun to watch but tore up a lot of people's cars in the process, we always called him banzai!. DAD, he had a similar situation in rushville years ago driving for the great Jim Berry. They tried to black flag him off the track for roughing up a Goff car. He stayed out and lapped the field for the heck of it. How many cars last night?
They had 16 I think.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
7/11/14, 1:06 PM   #9
DAD

Bad

I didn't mention any names. Jim and AJ were probably the perfect combination. AJ also drove for me for many years. I expected him to race hard and clean and for the most part that is what he did. Racing needs competitors like this, like the guy said it makes for a much better race. They also have vintage races that allow you to get out on the track and drive around so that people can admire your beautiful race car. Tony races at about about 110% put that with someone racing at 75% and fur sometimes flies. The fans are out to watch a race with good competitive racers that can race one another wheel to wheel. That is what we need in the lower classes. Wish I could think of that little track down in Kentucky but I thought I was going to be in the middle of a riot that night. That brings people back to the race track. Tony raced with the MMSA last week at Columbus and put on one heck of a show also.

I think USAC called him "Mr. Excitement" If things weren't moving along fast enough he would do his darndest to get them moving. I understood that the powers that be last night would not give him back his starting spot in the Main so the decision was made to pull the plug.

I would guess that UMRA only has about 4 or 5 cars capable of winning the main. Can you imagine the race they could put on if they started these guys on the tail of the Main and let them race one another as they raced through the field for the lead.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 7/11/14 at 1:35 PM.

7/11/14, 1:41 PM   #10
AFR37X

Is (a lot) 2 or 10? I don't remember it like that. I never put anyone on there head. Only bent 1 axle for Jim in the 5 years I race for him. Rushville it was Jason Willis not goff car. 15 cars lastnight when I race Rushville in 2000 there 61 in the pits. Tq's need 1 club again to make it. That's my take. I thought after being outta the seat for 12 years it be different, guess not.

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > UMRA Thursday at greensburg