IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why Darlabd can’t keep a ride?
8/3/19, 8:58 AM   #1
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

Big fan of darland for 15+ years but I’m just wondering why he can’t keep a car for a season. It seems he’s driving 7,8 different cars a year. Is it his age or losing skill? Combination of both? Just sad to see and wish he’d be able to race more

3 members like this post: boiler, santafe, tirespinner
8/3/19, 9:45 AM   #2
Re: Why Darlabd can’t keep a ride?
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
Big fan of darland for 15+ years but I’m just wondering why he can’t keep a car for a season. It seems he’s driving 7,8 different cars a year. Is it his age or losing skill? Combination of both? Just sad to see and wish he’d be able to race more
There are just less car owners out there than there used to be. So, he's doing what racers do. Racing wherever he can, whenever he can. He's in the Hall of Fame already, so everything he does now is just gravy.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/3/19, 10:59 AM   #3
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Why can't you read?

3 members like this post: racenut69, tirespinner, wright59
8/4/19, 1:33 AM   #4
Non wing lover

Also owners don't hire drivers on their talent anymore it's how much money can a drivers daddy and mommy can bring to play and that's sad

8/4/19, 1:43 AM   #5
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
Also owners don't hire drivers on their talent anymore it's how much money can a drivers daddy and mommy can bring to play and that's sad
some owners still hire on talent.

8/4/19, 8:16 AM   #6
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
Unfortunately Dave had a couple of promised season long gigs that fell thru the cracks the past few years. Just unfortunate. Feel for this ace pilots luck.

4 members like this post: Hammer, jim goerge, tirespinner, TQ29m
8/4/19, 1:35 PM   #7
flagboy55

Do we have to have someone go with the “Daddy’s going to pay for it” again? Let me clue you in, somebody’s always paying for it. If you’re lucky enough to have a family with money, good for you. If you’re stealing your kids milk money to go race, God Bless you also. (Although I can’t endorse the later) Bottom line is racing costs money, lots of it in most cases and the person on this thread nailed it, there’s not enough car owners! You might say Rich Kids parents might not even be involved at all unless Rich Kid didn’t want to race to begin with, so let it go already. We all want Dave in a great car, and we all know racers with talent that are underfunded who might deserve better. You can’t choose what family you’re born into so don’t hold it against them if they want to race. If my Dad was rich, I can guarantee he would have gone broke racing, but he wasn’t so our racing ran out of funds, sometime that’s the way it goes.

8/4/19, 4:00 PM   #8
bsmith8

Name one sprint car team that the driver is paying for! Sunshine, KTJ, Windom, Grant , Andretti 4J ,2E, 57, 11P TMez Bacon ?? Don’t believe any of these drivers or car owners are paying or are rent a rides. Are there any Allstar or Outlaw guys paying to drive ? I don’t believe so . Only rent a rides I can think of is KKM.
Last edited by bsmith8; 8/4/19 at 4:06 PM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/4/19, 4:06 PM   #9
JDK222

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith8 View Post
Name one sprint car team that the driver is paying for! Sunshine, KTJ, Windom, Grant , Andretti 4J ,2E, 57, 11P TMez ?? Don’t believe any of these drivers or car owners are paying or are rent a rides. Are there any Allstar or Outlaw guys paying to drive ? I don’t believe so . Only rent a rides I can think of is KKM. Name 3 sprint car drivers paying for their ride ?
Sorry, but you are uninformed.

8/4/19, 4:07 PM   #10
bsmith8

Simple name 1 then . I am more informed than you know.
Last edited by bsmith8; 8/4/19 at 4:27 PM.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, Hustlin-Hoosier, kcarm92, miledirt, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why Darlabd can’t keep a ride?