IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Cummins
7/28/19, 11:18 PM   #11
Re: Kyle Cummins
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
I felt the real issue came from the right rear KTJ fed him between turn 4 and the flag stand several laps earlier, which killed Kyle’s momentum. KTJ raced him dirty.

I challenge anyone to go back and see where Kyle raced anyone dirty Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Kyle Cummins isn’t the only one KTJ screwed with Friday. Thank goodness Karma kicked in and fed KTJ a mouthfull last night!
I don't agree. I watched it over and over again on the replay on Flo when I got home. The first time when they had contact in that turn, it didn't really cost Kyle that much. On the next lap, Kyle went over the lip some in 4 when he was by himself and he really dropped back that time. But, in a few laps he had reeled both back in and was back in the lead pack when KT hopped and almost came to a stop and Kyle had to go off the back to avoid him. When I saw it live andin person, I was questioning KT's move more than I am now, having replayed it many times. He slid into him, but it wasn't anything terrible. And I was definitely rooting for Kyle at that point. And I just watched the replay again before I posted this.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: 3Cfan, openwheelfan1
7/29/19, 12:00 AM   #12
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I don't agree. I watched it over and over again on the replay on Flo when I got home. The first time when they had contact in that turn, it didn't really cost Kyle that much. On the next lap, Kyle went over the lip some in 4 when he was by himself and he really dropped back that time. But, in a few laps he had reeled both back in and was back in the lead pack when KT hopped and almost came to a stop and Kyle had to go off the back to avoid him. When I saw it live andin person, I was questioning KT's move more than I am now, having replayed it many times. He slid into him, but it wasn't anything terrible. And I was definitely rooting for Kyle at that point. And I just watched the replay again before I posted this.

Jerry
Fair enough Jerry. We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think we can both agree it was one heck of a race!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/29/19, 12:24 AM   #13
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
I think we can both agree it was one heck of a race!
This is indisputable.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/29/19, 9:26 AM   #14
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
If Leary had any class he would have congratulated Kyle on the win!
Pointless and unnecessary comment. Try and enjoy the racing without personal unsubstantied attacks or there is also Hoseheads.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, RadRacer, tirespinner
7/29/19, 10:36 AM   #15
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Pointless and unnecessary comment. Try and enjoy the racing without personal unsubstantied attacks or there is also Hoseheads.
After accusing Kyle of cheating earlier this year and saying “it’ll be different when USAC comes to town” I don’t feel my comment was out of line.

7/29/19, 12:41 PM   #16
cl124

Couldn't agree with you more RC. I am a long time supporter of Tri-State and after the comments were made by CJ and KT at the previous event I loved nothing more than seeing them get lapped by all the 'non-usac' guys who they are apparently so much better than. Wish Kyle or someone would've called them out on it but on the other hand that is why he has the respect of so many and will continue to as he is of the highest class at all times. Both KT and CJ made complete fools of themselves at the previous race and deserved their poor performances.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Cummins