IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Circle City Raceway IS A GO
4/20/24, 3:42 AM   #21
Re: Circle City Raceway IS A GO
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Can someone enlighten me what a "Grub Getter" is?.
I was thinking more in line like GrubHub, but ya order from your seat during the race

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing
4/20/24, 9:06 AM   #22
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Can someone enlighten me what a "Grub Getter" is?

Paging Charles..
Here's your Grub Getter info, right off their website from last summer. Clearly, it's a stock class.

GRUB GETTER $1,000 to win on August 19th
GENERAL RULES – All vehicles must come to the track RACE READY. Car
number MUST BE BIG & EASY TO READ on both sides and top. All glass,
headlights, & taillights except windshield should be removed along with
other excess parts like spare jack, spare tires, old parts, trash, etc.
Interior must remain in stock condition. 4 & 6-cylinder cars, SUV’s &
minivans are eligible with a maximum of 22 feet in length. Stock fuel
tanks only. The ONLY added reinforcements eligible (but not required)
are an outside bar or plate to the driver’s door. No roll cages. Must
remove airbags. Can remove the catalytic converter but must fully
replace with pipe. THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A RACE CAR!!! Tech
decisions are final.
• DRIVER EQUIPMENT – Must wear long-sleeves & long pants (fire suit
recommended). Neck collar is required. Helmet must be ALWAYS worn
while on track (even while in the infield).
• MEETING – There will be a driver’s meeting at the event. Attendance
is MANDATORY

2 members like this post: jdull99, tirespinner
4/20/24, 9:51 AM   #23
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Go or don't go.
B***** only closes tracks so yo have more to B**** about.
Apparently we are at a point where pointing out obvious short comings is ********. Sort of like why is my term paper full of red marks for spelling and grammatical errors?

4/20/24, 11:26 AM   #24
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Go or don't go.
B***** only closes tracks so yo have more to B**** about.
This is from Justin Fiedler who does the Dirttrackr Daily on YouTube. Probably my favorite quote on this topic.

“You don’t need to have promoted dirt racing events or worked in event management to call a spade a spade. The people who say we shouldn’t complain and should appreciate what we have are just wrong. We can love an event and appreciate it for its greatness, while at the same time offering critical feedback and wanting it to be better.

Race Tracks do not shut down because of streaming or social media. Race Tracks shut down due to inefficient promoting, inefficient race night programs, and bad management. A race track is business. Some strive to get better and some die.”

4/20/24, 12:42 PM   #25
Grocery Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
This is from Justin Fiedler who does the Dirttrackr Daily on YouTube. Probably my favorite quote on this topic.

“You don’t need to have promoted dirt racing events or worked in event management to call a spade a spade. The people who say we shouldn’t complain and should appreciate what we have are just wrong. We can love an event and appreciate it for its greatness, while at the same time offering critical feedback and wanting it to be better.

Racetracks do not shut down because of streaming or social media. Race Tracks shut down due to inefficient promoting, inefficient race night programs, and bad management. A race track is business. Some strive to get better and some die.”
Well said HRF. Justin offers great commentary. At the company I retired from, we used to have customer focus group meetings. We paid customers to come to meetings so we could hear what our company was doing WRONG, not right. Then we took those notes, developed plans and tried to improve over the years. Imagine a racetrack asking patrons and teams what they could do better to run their tracks and programs. I have seen some tracks pass out opinion sheets, years before social media. Good for them. Glad Circle City had a successful night.

4/20/24, 2:48 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

I got no problem pointing out problems.

But complaining without experiencing is something else.

Oh they got six classes. probably won't have a feature by till 11 etc. Well how many people did you talk out of going?

What they did, is have the feature running 90 minutes after opening ceremonies. They had more than a full field of sprint cars and people who were only there for sprints were heading home soon after.

If they've kept you late in the past. you may have a right to complain. If you were giving yourself and others a reason not to go. You were wrong.

They should get a

4/20/24, 4:04 PM   #27
badcoupe

Years back Gappens called the shop to ask how we like things at gas city and if there was anything he could improve upon. He gained a lot of respect from me then and he’s since went on to better things as a result.

4/28/24, 12:28 AM   #28
DonnaCCR

But our team did a GREAT JOB smoothly ran and done racing by 11:30 Please don’t knock us until you buy a track and try to do this yourself it’s not easy to get it right every night …. Ask all the track owners who have closed their tracks why ? Its a lot of work a lot of stress and it’s nights like April 22nd when everyone bashed every move we were going to make but we did it our way and WE HAD A AMAZING NIGHT and that’s what we’re trying to do have amazing nights with lots of fun laughs and great memories for everyone… oh and Friday nights it’s easier for people to get there by rolling back the start time 30 minutes it was a request from the people who make the sacrifice of driving there to race…. Call us stupid call us wrong call us crazy just keep watching there’s a lot more of all that coming !! And I hope someday I can give you a ticket to come out and join us you should just give us a chance to change your mind or maybe give us some ideas we appreciate input if you have solutions to the problem not just pointing out our problems… Let’s ALL MAKE RACING BETTER TOGETHER 🤩

4/28/24, 8:27 AM   #29
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaCCR View Post
But our team did a GREAT JOB smoothly ran and done racing by 11:30 Please don’t knock us until you buy a track and try to do this yourself it’s not easy to get it right every night …. Ask all the track owners who have closed their tracks why ? Its a lot of work a lot of stress and it’s nights like April 22nd when everyone bashed every move we were going to make but we did it our way and WE HAD A AMAZING NIGHT and that’s what we’re trying to do have amazing nights with lots of fun laughs and great memories for everyone… oh and Friday nights it’s easier for people to get there by rolling back the start time 30 minutes it was a request from the people who make the sacrifice of driving there to race…. Call us stupid call us wrong call us crazy just keep watching there’s a lot more of all that coming !! And I hope someday I can give you a ticket to come out and join us you should just give us a chance to change your mind or maybe give us some ideas we appreciate input if you have solutions to the problem not just pointing out our problems… Let’s ALL MAKE RACING BETTER TOGETHER 🤩
That is about the best post I have read on a racing site in a long time. Thank you!

2 members like this post: Dirt Trackker, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Circle City Raceway IS A GO