IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > driver shirts at Gas City
7/10/14, 9:11 AM   #21
Re: driver shirts at Gas City
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Seen Mrs. Ballou walking up and down the ticket line a couple years ago at Bloomington with her T shirt trailer (Big Suitcase)

Where there's a will, there's a way

7/10/14, 11:01 AM   #22
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I agree with Devin as well..there are far more things to worry about than if I can buy a shirt or not..what other track let's you buy a 50/50 and go pit side to see the cars..talk to the drivers/crews..and buy a shirt if you want too..I support the drivers efforts 100% and most are scrapping to get from one night to the next but I go to a race track to see a race not to worry about if I can buy a shirt or not..the track is getting very negative criticism via social media and one track has already closed from it. I for one don't want to see another close..I hope everyone enjoys their sprint week..and hope one doesn't base missing a race on no merch stuff..

Tk

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, fish, Kansasdirtfan, PAW, photoman
7/10/14, 2:41 PM   #23
duel

Must go to opening night of sprint week and support I-69 speedway. Fun place to go, great racing many more times than not.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, Mud Packer
7/10/14, 2:55 PM   #24
on_the_edge

It's the principal of the fact that the track is not supporting the racers. It is isw so of course cars are going to show up but what happens the rest of the year? Without cars the track has nothing to offer and attendance drops. Gas city needs to examine their product they are offering and work with the racers not against them, some drivers make their money off shirts and the convenience of having them by the gate as fans walk in helps boost sales. This is not about buying a shirt in the end but about the track supporting the people who put the show on for them.

7/10/14, 3:47 PM   #25
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_edge View Post
It's the principal of the fact that the track is not supporting the racers. It is isw so of course cars are going to show up but what happens the rest of the year? Without cars the track has nothing to offer and attendance drops. Gas city needs to examine their product they are offering and work with the racers not against them, some drivers make their money off shirts and the convenience of having them by the gate as fans walk in helps boost sales. This is not about buying a shirt in the end but about the track supporting the people who put the show on for them.
That's the truth. And people here on IOW, that follow this stuff as close as we all do tend to think that everybody must go to the pits. The majority of the people in the stands are more casual fans, that never go to the pits. A lot of the people with small kids are among them. A few years ago, I was walking around by the concession stand at The Burg. I had a Bryan Clauson t shirt on. This lady with a girl who was probably 10 or 11 stopped me and asked where I got my shirt at, because her kid really wanted one. I said you have to get them in the pits. She asked me if I was going back there again tonight, because they never go to the pits. I said yes, she gave me (a perfect stranger) a twenty dollar bill and to make a long story short, that was a pretty happy kid when she got her BC t shirt. That's the people those guys would like access to. And some of them are local fans. I know it's hard for some of us to believe EVERYBODY doesn't go to 70-80 races a year, but there is such a thing as a local race fan, that might only go to one of these races.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/10/14 at 3:50 PM.

7/10/14, 3:55 PM   #26
kasey2020

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what is the negative part of letting them sell shirts? Why does the track even care? It's not like someone is going to not buy a Gas City shirt because the drivers are out there with theirs. Is there a reason that tracks wouldn't allow this? Like I said, I may just be missing something.

7/10/14, 3:56 PM   #27
ThePurple73

Good grief, let the drivers sell their shirts. If that is the worry of being profitable over shirt sales then....well...hmm. I don't want to have to go to the pits to buy a shirt, if there is oil or grease with in a 100 yards I will step in it and track it in the car, every time.

I usually try to buy several shirts from all that has them. Make it easy to be a fan and show support.

1 member likes this post: robert gatten
7/10/14, 4:02 PM   #28
fish

Last edited by fish; 7/10/14 at 5:03 PM.

7/10/14, 4:33 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I in no way was trying to start anything here or tell anyone their view was wrong.

I just tried to inform some on how they could get T shirts if they wanted one.

Not going to make it now anyway, Won't get car back till afternoon tomorrow at four times the cost I thought the repair would be. See everyone Sunday!
Really wanted to give Susan a Birthday Hug tomorrow but I'll give her two to make up for it

7/11/14, 6:00 AM   #30
BrentTFunk

With the track for sale, and its future in doubt. I am sure Mr Gatten will put his money where his mouth is, and buy the place. Then he can show us how to do it while he makes millions. I am sure that will be more productive than this thread

4 members like this post: cwfan08, duel, fish, The Old Coyote
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > driver shirts at Gas City