IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester today
6/23/19, 9:43 AM   #1
Winchester today
Non wing lover

I know it's early but anybody have an idea of a car count today? Who all is competing today? Is gerster e Gordon J Wilson J McCune these guys running? Pretty good payday today hope it's a success

2 members like this post: Indy1808, tirespinner
6/23/19, 9:52 AM   #2
Re: Winchester today
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
I know it's early but anybody have an idea of a car count today? Who all is competing today? Is gerster e Gordon J Wilson J McCune these guys running? Pretty good payday today hope it's a success
Can't find an entry list anywhere. It must small. I heard 16 at Winchester Facebook.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/23/19, 10:01 AM   #3
Non wing lover

This is exactly what I feared would happen small car count back in winter when this was first talked why there was going to at least 30 some teams putting cars together for this race I don't know what happened just wishful thinking I guess

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
6/23/19, 10:33 AM   #4
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Not sure why everyone is so focused on car count. The last race at Kalamazoo was spectacular. multiple battles for the lead, three wide in traffic, photo finish ! ! ! isn't THAT why we go to the races ? ? anyone that thinks 30 non-wing sprint cars are going to show up at Winchester Speedway and race is clearly not in tune

Rich M

6/23/19, 10:39 AM   #5
Non wing lover

When USAc ran there they at the very least 22-24 cars why is they 40 some cars for little 500 only 16 at Winchester? $20 is a little salty for no more cars than that there's more asphalt cars out there for $8 grand to w IU n should at least been 28 cars

6/23/19, 11:34 AM   #6
Kendall2020

It's better than its been in years. Just happy someone is trying to get it going again. Maybe a couple of
years from now good pavement and not car counts will be all that matters

6/23/19, 11:44 AM   #7
wbr

There will be 20+ cars. No stock cars and only 1 support class. $20 is a bargain for that and then include Winchester (priceless)

6/23/19, 11:55 AM   #8
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

i clearly remember the USAC shows from the early 90's. Sunday afternoon, Sprints and Midgets. the racing was beyond Epic. i don't remember the car count. The racing was always the topic of conversation.

6/23/19, 12:28 PM   #9
sprintracer82

Considering you have two cars out with drivers laid up with recoveries from severe injuries, another car with engine issues,a team car to one of those cars with not enough help, and another team with trailer issues I think this is a good start. The question remains is how many fans sit at home and how many sit in the stands? It's a lot easier to sit around a b!tch about it than to support it. Last weekend at Kalamazoo there was some of the best open wheel racing ever there. It was so good that stockcar teams were breaking down what makes nonwing racing so good.
Just my two cents.
Nick Landon

6/23/19, 12:46 PM   #10
Koko06

Any drivers list yet...please

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester today