IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Final hoosier hundred at the indy mile to be held may
4/2/19, 5:59 PM   #21
Re: Usac: Final hoosier hundred at the indy mile to be held
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
They can run a lot more horse races than people wana race cars on miles...it sucks (for lack of a better word)
To the best of my knowledge, they barely run races there as is.

Being down here near Churchill Downs, I've gotten into the horse racing scene pretty deep and I RARELY see any races being run there. I don't know how many more races they would schedule there but I don't see it being many as Hoosier Park in Anderson runs pretty much non-stop March through October and there's also an Indiana circuit that runs at various county fairgrounds. Also, I've never heard of horses running on limestone...

That said, apparently the fair board thinks it's still worth more than one race car race a year on the mile. Cant say I don't agree but yes, it sucks that its at the expense of one of the most legendary champ car races.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
4/2/19, 6:01 PM   #22
PJ Wright

My wife and I made our first trip to Indiana in 2000 for Sprint Week. Since then we have been back many, many times. We've attended fairs (including the Indiana State Fair), festivals, tractor shows, visited museums and shopping malls, eaten lots of meals and stayed at many motels. Every trip however centered on auto racing. Every dollar we've spent in Indiana, and I can't even begin to guess how much, is because of auto racing.
Fact is the powers that be don't care. Our small and aging group just isn't considered relevant anymore.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4/2/19, 6:37 PM   #23
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote View Post
[/I]

What do you know, you pointed out to me finally something good about The Peoples Republic of Illinois!
You're confusing chitcago, all points north of Interstate 80 and metro east St. Louis with the rest of the state where we live and where the 2 dirt mile's are located. chitcago and metro east St. Louis elects the governor, a ruling majority of the legislature, the 2 U.S. Senator's and most all of the state wide political positions, both elected and appointed.

Those of us in God's Country south of I-80 are held hostage by the People's Republic of chitcago & metro east St. Louis. They make the rules and those of us who, for career reason's, can not move are forced to live by them.

There are 102 counties in "The Land O' Lincoln & crooked politicians" and it requires less than 5 of those 102 counties to override the will of the rest of the 97 or 98 in statewide elections. We desperately need a county by county electoral college ******** system.

I fully realize and understand what you're saying but please don't lump all of us in with the urban inbred's of chitcago and metro east St. Louis, thank you.

4/2/19, 7:13 PM   #24
BrentTFunk

Doesn't democracy mean majority rules? I don't feel my voice should count more than anyone else. That is what has created this problem. The state of Indiana using a state facility to subsidize a very wealthy gambling industry. Money once again rules, and the majority of people pay for the wealthy few. Illinois miles should be fine for the time being,because they run in conjunction with the fair.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 4/2/19 at 7:15 PM.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, Rapid Rick, rimrider69, ronmil, Vookie
4/2/19, 7:17 PM   #25
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
You're confusing chitcago, all points north of Interstate 80 and metro east St. Louis with the rest of the state where we live and where the 2 dirt mile's are located. chitcago and metro east St. Louis elects the governor, a ruling majority of the legislature, the 2 U.S. Senator's and most all of the state wide political positions, both elected and appointed.

Those of us in God's Country south of I-80 are held hostage by the People's Republic of chitcago & metro east St. Louis. They make the rules and those of us who, for career reason's, can not move are forced to live by them.

There are 102 counties in "The Land O' Lincoln & crooked politicians" and it requires less than 5 of those 102 counties to override the will of the rest of the 97 or 98 in statewide elections. We desperately need a county by county electoral college ******** system.

I fully realize and understand what you're saying but please don't lump all of us in with the urban inbred's of chitcago and metro east St. Louis, thank you.
https://www.bnd.com/news/local/article217665185.html

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/2/19, 7:41 PM   #26
Vookie

1970 Hoosier 100 part 1
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OsNfxjbPud0

2 members like this post: mc/rider, TNRustler
4/2/19, 8:06 PM   #27
Jbaldwin

https://www.change.org/p/eric-holcom...te-fairgrounds

This is a petition to keep racing on the mile.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, superstock30, WinglessLovers
4/2/19, 9:01 PM   #28
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Run it at IMS. Front engine cars back at the Brickyard in May. Sounds Nice.

3 members like this post: jdull99, Ronnie33, superstock30
4/2/19, 9:16 PM   #29
racephoto1

Well, Syracuse, now the Indy Mile, I'm getting tired of funerals. The horse people use taxpayers money, it's time for the taxpayer to speak up. Remember your vote on ******** day.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, superstock30
4/2/19, 10:06 PM   #30
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Don’t think it has any thing to do with any kind of deal; the horse people simply had the clout to get what they want.
Just being sarcastic Ron. Was a play on the April fools post about Peris speedway.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Final hoosier hundred at the indy mile to be held may