IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ambulances at Race Tracks
3/29/19, 3:08 PM   #11
flagboy55

Doug I was just thinking the same thing. You would think the insurance company would mandate certain minimum requirements for fire and safety including ambulance and such.

3/29/19, 3:21 PM   #12
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Honestly, back when i raced i never gave a crap if there was an ambulance on the property. Being safe was the last thing i was there for. Then one night i needed a ride to the hospital, glad they were there.

3/29/19, 3:38 PM   #13
JDK222

What track doesn’t have an ambulance? I am at a race track every week and I have never not seen an ambulance.

3/29/19, 4:08 PM   #14
Re: Ambulances at Race Tracks
copper14

some tracks have an ambulance that cant leave the track.if you need transported you wait for the fire dept.i don't know the training of the people in the track only ambulance but they hopefully could start first aid.

3/29/19, 4:38 PM   #15
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper14 View Post
some tracks have an ambulance that cant leave the track.if you need transported you wait for the fire dept.i don't know the training of the people in the track only ambulance but they hopefully could start first aid.
Just being able to administer first aid is not good enough. I would really hope that we can all agree that an ambulance with transport capabilities is the proper type of ambulance to have at a race track. If you have not read the article in my original post I encourage you to do so. There is a vast difference in what can and cannot be done based on the type of ambulance. I know this, I would want the personnel from an ALS ambulance taking care of me if I was injured.

3 members like this post: erich45, jim goerge, Xflagman
3/29/19, 4:54 PM   #16
Promodified11

most tracks have fire & rescue on site be it fire trucks or trucks with spray pumps or extinguishers with volunteers in trucks.they can get to wreck quickly & limit fire hazard.the issue is if driver has injuries & no medical paramedics are available on site.

3/29/19, 5:03 PM   #17
hoscalecody

One track I will leave nameless, we was at a few years ago all they had was 1 emt, and 2 fire extinguishers at either end of the track. Luckily no one got hurt seriously bad I know there was a kid in a micro that flipped pretty hard and had a concussion as of what I heard. I was very hesitant to race, but I did. After that night I told myself I will do more research on the track and if they don't have a ambulance when we get there we will pack up and leave. Especially after the flip at had in June last year. Also I should've taken an ambulance ride that night, but didn't. Now on if I have a flip or wreck like that again I will be taking an ambulance ride due to implications later on the down the road that I've had from that wreck that didn't get checked out in a timely manner.

2 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, jim goerge
3/29/19, 5:18 PM   #18
Promodified11

i now ask our touring series about fire & ambulance on site before we get there.I am told what the track has submitted to the series director & must verify when we get there.what a pain in the azz.

3/29/19, 7:08 PM   #19
cshuman

“insurance companies require ambulance and fire and rescue to beat the track anytime there are cars running.practice or racing .So you might want to check on insurance also”

That’s not 100% true

3/29/19, 8:38 PM   #20
oldfan49

in this part of the country they don't even have ambulances in every town. All of them are at the county hospital and they have first responders around the county. One track I helped at tried everything they could to get an ambulance but were told it was against county policy to allow an ambulance to go to a non government function and would only provide first responders with the fire Department

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ambulances at Race Tracks