IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Schroeder steering box blow-up
7/19/17, 7:50 AM   #31
Re: Schroeder steering box blow-up
the visitor

I bought the last one that Speedway had ,Late last year . (lightning sprint steering gear) Was going to have a R/H steer unit changed over to a L/H steer , got the same story from Schroeder that the machine was broken and didn't know when it will be fixed . Hench is selling new cars so something is being made somewhere !!!!!

1 member likes this post: Jalopiejoe
7/19/17, 6:22 PM   #32
Jalopiejoe

☆ No More Schroeder Steering Boxes! ☆
I just got off the phone talking to Karen Schroeder. She said they have suspended operations and have very, very few parts available!
They sold their machinery!
Speedway Motors was not interested in buying them nor anyone else for that matter!!
She said that the cost of producing the boxes cannot be recouped at a reasonable sale price!
I asked Karen about images of the internals, there are none available. She said the sealed bearings last a lifetime. If there is no reason to open the box you are better off to leave it alone. To lube it, pull off the pitman arm and give it a spin to redistribute the grease. She said they were never meant for street use, they were built for dirt.
So there you have it!
The End of the Schroeder Steering Box!
You can reach Karen at 818-565-3311.
Joe
Last edited by Jalopiejoe; 7/23/17 at 7:50 PM.

1 member likes this post: the visitor
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Schroeder steering box blow-up