IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute ISW Updates
7/14/11, 12:12 AM   #171
Re: Terre Haute ISW Updates
sprintcar64

Just got home from THAT. Was a pretty good show. I don't go to as many races as I used to so what I am about to say might be the norm for the guy but Windom impressed me how smooth and consistent he was and the Bloom kid ran the wall like a veteran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGraves View Post
What happened to Hunter? Did he dump it on his own? Sounds like he was fast for sure
I commented to the guys around me that Hunter was going to win it or wear it. He was putting on a show around the top against the fence.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
idk if its just me, but i have not seen coleman race dirty yet, but how do you not know the race is over? i was not there so i cant say too much, but the gulick group is a class act and i do know that for a fact!!
That incident happened right in front of me as I was in the infield on the backstretch. I don't know what Critter was thinking but every one had slowed down to turn into the pits but him and by the time he realized what was happening it was too late. He cranked it sideways and on the brakes but his right rear jumped over Coleman's left rear. I don't think it had anything to do with anything that happened during the race.

7/14/11, 12:51 AM   #172
micro94

If I was Coleman and the Gulick's I would feel the exact same way. Who knows what Malone would have been doing to "not know it was over". By the way, was he THAT far behind that it took him till the backstretch to catch up anyway? Way to stand up for yourself Coleman. A serious brain cramp that tore up your guys stuff and put you out for a show. Ouch!!!

2 members like this post: IndyBound, reeserx
7/14/11, 1:05 AM   #173
aka Liz

It must be very fine to be Chris Windom right now...good to see him win after being playing "bridesmaid" for the first part of ISW; not to mention the real challenge he is mounting for the top spot in the USAC standings.

Poor Hunter - he was thrilling to watch, but one could tell that flirtation with the high line was going to be all or nothing!

Kudos to THAT and USAC for regrouping after the Sumar debacle and presenting a very fine event. What a difference ten days and primo track prep makes!

7/14/11, 1:08 AM   #174
terrehautian

Considerign that the O'Conners might have had maybe 3-4 days to work on the track, it was great (depending on when USAC finally hired them and they got all the equipment there).

1 member likes this post: T&A Racing
7/14/11, 1:16 AM   #175
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

The equipment come from mccallister on margaret,great job kinda dusty but the racing made up for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
Considerign that the O'Conners might have had maybe 3-4 days to work on the track, it was great (depending on when USAC finally hired them and they got all the equipment there).
Posted via Mobile Device

7/14/11, 1:23 AM   #176
3Cfan

Congrats to Windom for the win. He checked out early, but following the first yellow, had to elbow up under pressure!

My awards for the night:

Tough Luck Award to the Iceman
The "Take Notice" Award to Keith Bloom for his gutsy run. He drove his heart out.
The "Where's Levi" Award to Levi.

The big winner tonight besides Windom......The Action Track itself. Great crowd, racing surface decent (for T.H.A.T.), and the racing itself very entertaining and competitive.

And I'll ask the question on everyones mind.....how much for the helicopter ride? LOL

1 member likes this post: Bill Angel
7/14/11, 1:31 AM   #177
sprint38racer

Windom sure had a strong horse all night,.... and Bloom was super impressive in that rim ride,..... heck of a race all in all

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

on that deal with Critter it sure looked to me like he didnt realize the race was over,.. and ya he should have,..but he and coleman were battling good and clean and he may not have glanced at the flag just watching the lights,....which was still green when he went into one,.. and everyone ahead of him was still in the gas hard till off of two,.. then slowed,.... if you noticed the sun was just above the horizon at end of backstretch and he very possibly didnt see the yellow light on when he got off two and when they all slowed suddenly to get off track he didnt,..... not making excuses for him,.. was a bad deal for both of them,.... but speaking from experience when the sun is like it was you can barely see what you are doing off two all the way to the middle of three and four,.... and I raced with Critter many times in the past and never had a problem with him,.... just my take that it was one of them unfortunate deals that happens once in a while when racing hard and then other circumstances like the sun are involved too

3 members like this post: dirtball, RACING MOM, Russ
7/14/11, 3:03 AM   #178
webster7

THAT knocked 'em dead tonite. Good food, racin' beer, friends and weather. Racetrack was good all nite. And they did whatever they could to keep it up. Tonite explains why I hope this place stays alive. Great turnout for the best form of racing in this fine country.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, sw1911
7/14/11, 3:55 AM   #179
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

All I can say was It was AWESOME Racing tonight had a few hard chargers at times tonight! Congrats to Windom He was Fast All night! The Dust was rough but the race made up for it!

Funny part was watching the Indy car 2 seater driving around the track!

Danny 24

7/14/11, 4:28 AM   #180
sloppyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCGR View Post
No. IQ played a big factor. Coleman passed him clean. He has pulled this with us before. Dirty slides, slow driving, etc. He's on my time clock now.

Congrats to Windom and crew. Wish we could have raced with them. Until intelligence plays a roll in who's allowed to drive a lot of good drivers are going to have their cars form up.

Btw, if anyone wants to pass my number on to Malone, its below. I know a few good first grade teachers that can teach what the black and white flag means.

Pete Gulick.
607-621-2450
Posted via Mobile Device
Coleman is a good racer. He has a solid family and team behind him. The slide job that Chad gave him a few years ago is finally paying off. Good luck to you Coleman.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute ISW Updates