IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #1 4/11/21 10:07 AM
Did anyone see the midget race last night? I heard there might have been some avoidable contact?
2 Likes: chathamracefan, oppweld
95KART (Offline)
  #2 4/11/21 10:32 AM
You heard correct. Meseraull tried to throw a slider on Ryan Timms and was about a mile away from clearing him. Sent Timms into the fence and ended his night. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but I hope Meseraull apologized after the race.
2 Likes: dirtball, WinglessLovers
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #3 4/11/21 10:38 AM
It was a move typically seen on the last lap of a Chili Bowl b main. In other words not good at all.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 4/11/21 11:41 AM
"I kinda got into the 84 but that's midget racing these days, All OUT! Sucks to be him"

Roughly the Apology given.

TMez also almost didn't survive it but the motor didn't die and the red was thrown saving his position.

BTW the top 8 started the race outside of the top ten.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: 95KART, chrismattlin, oppweld, Tony Barhorst
revjimk (Offline)
  #5 4/11/21 12:38 PM
Lets face it, T Mez was a "menace to society" last nite....
Entertaining, but I guarantee the victim wasn't happy about it...
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #6 4/11/21 12:55 PM
T Mez was driving like some of his much younger competitors he voices his opinion about. I like the guy but what goes around comes around and its a long season. Speaking of sliders gone bad, Lincoln speedway in Pa had a pretty crazy slide job in the 410 feature. Slide jobs are part of the sport but I don't like seeing torn up equipment due to drivers driving over their heads or running out of talent.
6 Likes: 95KART, davidm, RockinRy, spicoli, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
racenut69 (Offline)
  #7 4/11/21 1:16 PM
It was pretty sloppy...Sad!

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
badcoupe (Offline)
  #8 4/11/21 2:12 PM
There was no way that move was gonna stick, he could’ve braked and maybe avoided the contact. That timms is not to shabby def a gasser. Not sure what happened to Seavey he was leading and went to work area during a caution, I couldn’t listen just watch.
revjimk (Offline)
  #9 4/11/21 2:28 PM
Originally Posted by jonboat15:
T Mez was driving like some of his much younger competitors he voices his opinion about. I like the guy but what goes around comes around and its a long season. Speaking of sliders gone bad, Lincoln speedway in Pa had a pretty crazy slide job in the 410 feature. Slide jobs are part of the sport but I don't like seeing torn up equipment due to drivers driving over their heads or running out of talent.
I like T Mez too, & at least he didn't try to make excuses or blame the other guy like a certain "Sammy S".... but if Timms had jacked his jaw in the pits, Mez would have had it coming...
3 Likes: chrismattlin, Midget98, tirespinner
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #10 4/11/21 3:08 PM
Big time midget racing is a young man's sport these days because this is the style of racing today- elbows up, full contact. And that's why we don't see guys like Darland and Cottle running midgets much these days; the more seasoned drivers really aren't willing to drive like that.

The guys who've run a sprint car at Eldora or Winchester generally don't drive that way because they know that there are serious consequences when people start racing dangerously. And most of these kids running midgets these days don't have those experiences and, therefore, are more fearless- thus the style of racing we see today.

I can't blame T-Mez, really. He's racing for a living and that's what it takes these days. He owned up to it. He'll get his too..... and so will everyone else.
16 Likes: Blackduce, Charles Nungester, chathamracefan, cornerthree, cwfan08, dirt330, Indy1808, luckybuc97, ROSCO, SpfldMile, sprinter31, sprintracer82, Steve Wendel, tirespinner, Tony74, Will Shunk