IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #11 5/20/12 3:20 PM
Pretty sure they ran a race setup today with all the downforce back on after trimming out for yesterday. You dont get famous in qualifying......

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
11 Likes: 38DD, Bill Gardner, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, jim goerge, Jimmydiesel, miwingless, mowerman, Mud Packer, ronmil, sprintsrule
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #12 5/20/12 3:43 PM
Originally Posted by Midget 89:
Think the speed was 214, not 241. Still a solid effort that gets the car in the show. They can work on some speed during the week.
The leaders are going to look like they're going 241 when they repeatedly lap the Lotus cars which will barely be going 200.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
cram33 (Offline)
  #13 5/20/12 3:50 PM
Down at the track today looking for a bryan clauson tshirt. Any know were 2 find one? We looked in turn one already and no luck.
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #14 5/20/12 3:52 PM
Originally Posted by cram33:
Down at the track today looking for a bryan clauson tshirt. Any know were 2 find one? We looked in turn one already and no luck.
http://bryanclauson.com/store.aspx

2 Likes: dirttrackfan, PJ Wright
racefan20 (Offline)
  #15 5/20/12 3:52 PM
Originally Posted by cram33:
They arent there yet, you can get them on Carb day or at the Hoosier 100. Saw one today, pretty sharp looking shirt.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
cram33 (Offline)
  #16 5/20/12 3:59 PM
Thanks! Yea saw some people were one around the track. Wanted 2 support r local driver.

Posted via Mobile Device
ISF (Offline)
  #17 5/21/12 11:48 AM
I really hope they get Bryan's ride sorted out and up to at least the speeds he was running pre-wreck.

It was saddening to see Sarah's reaction immediately after Brian hit the wall.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #18 5/21/12 12:28 PM

not much luck posting photos lately, trying again.......
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #19 5/21/12 1:36 PM
Originally Posted by ISF:
I really hope they get Bryan's ride sorted out and up to at least the speeds he was running pre-wreck.

It was saddening to see Sarah's reaction immediately after Brian hit the wall.
I wouldn't take the drop in speed as a worry. There was no need to push anything given there would be no bumping. Also, the team had to really play it safe with equipment. I'm sure the car had much more if it was needed. I don't blame them for tightening the car down (put all the down force you can dial into it) and just running the 4 laps. Running over 220 wasn't going to do much given what happened. Servia and Carpenter don't crash, but did, happens. They are vets so their teams weren't as conservative. SFHR is smart, just get it in.

BC will have no issues with race pace at all. On the other hand, his neighbors in the last row will be asked to park not too far into the event. Those engines just don't have any power. Have felt sorry for them all month. It's not like they are two bums off the street they stuck in a car. The car only goes as fast it can, can't push the peddle through the floor.

At least he can say he got to go to The Last Row Party once in his career.
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Jerry Shaw
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #20 5/21/12 4:34 PM
Congratulations Bryan and the entire SFHR team. The crowd in the Northwest Vista on Saturday was screaming and cheering on every lap of his qualification attempt. The loud groan you heard was on his last lap when it swapped ends and tagged the wall.

Glad to see he wasn't injured and also happy to see the crew able to put it back together for another qualifying attempt on Sunday. Bob, Monica, Tim and the rest of the family have every right to be proud of that young man. All of the short track fans have been begging for this type of opportunity. I am proud to say that one of ours is in the big show. My hope is that this will provide other qualified short track stars the opporunity to join in down the road. Give her hell Bryan.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante