IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NEW gate opening time for ISW at Bloomington Speedway
7/13/14, 6:43 PM   #1
NEW gate opening time for ISW at Bloomington Speedway
Bloomington Speedway

***VERY IMPORTANT information regarding this Friday July 18th***

Bloomington Speedway will be opening ALL spectator gates, and the pit gate at 4:00PM Friday July 18th. We are trying our best to accommodate the larger than normal crowd of Indiana Sprint Week fans.

As per track policy, you can still come Thursday evening July 17th from 5:00-9:00pm to place lawn chairs and blankets, or through the day on Friday. You may park a vehicle in the “unreserved” areas, you must leave a vehicle to save these spots. You may not use caution tape, rope, or stakes of any kind, to reserve seats or parking spots, if you do they will be removed. Camping is allowed and welcomed in the lower lot, and early arrivals may camp or can tailgate in the lower parking lot.

ALSO, this is big! We will have a dunk tank on the hill behind the grandstands. For $1.00 you will 2 balls to throw for your chance to dunk Brady Short, Dave Darland, and Luke Bland! There may even be a surprise victim or two.

Hopefully Dave Darland will still have lots of copies of his new book for purchase and maybe an autograph, “The People’s Champ, A Racing Life” By Dave Darland with Bones Bourcier with a foreward written by Tony Stewart.

So, come early, stay late, pack the grill, the cooler, the family and enjoy Indiana Sprint Week on the FASTEST 1/4 MILE RED CLAY OVAL in the midwest!

*Also, a side note of thanks to all of the people that have expressed concern and are seemingly ready to spring into action regarding the "NEW" Monroe County noise ordinance. The speedway will be in contact with the commissioners this week. We do not yet have a clear understanding of impact, if any, it will have on the speedway, and it may simply have been another case journalism run amok by the Herald Times.

Again THANK YOU for your support, and should we have any new information to share, we will do it here, and on the speedways Facebook page.

7/13/14, 8:43 PM   #2
bowbuild

I would pay to dunk county commissioners!

7/14/14, 3:47 PM   #3
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbuild View Post
I would pay to dunk county commissioners!
Me too, but it is my understanding I would not be allowed to attach heavy weights to their feet.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, bn kleen, jim goerge
7/14/14, 4:23 PM   #4
Re: NEW gate opening time for ISW at Bloomington Speedway
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Hmmmm, any room for one more to be dunked? I might volunteer, even though I doubt anyone would pay to dunk me

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, jim goerge
7/14/14, 6:26 PM   #5
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama View Post
Me too, but it is my understanding I would not be allowed to attach heavy weights to their feet.
To their feet? I thought the weight went around their necks, aka Chicago necklace Chris and that's not for you

7/14/14, 9:23 PM   #6
Panama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
To their feet? I thought the weight went around their necks, aka Chicago necklace Chris and that's not for you
I like your method much better!

2 members like this post: bowbuild, jim goerge
7/16/14, 6:36 PM   #7
Bloomington Speedway

Been getting questions regarding gate times and seat saving, so we thought we should bump this to the top again.

SEE EVERYONE FRIDAY!

It's going to be perfect weather!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NEW gate opening time for ISW at Bloomington Speedway