IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should blankets to mark seats be allowed days before the show?
Yes 54 23.08%
No 166 70.94%
special circumstances only 14 5.98%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
9/3/09, 10:03 PM   #41
Re: Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
BrentTFunk

I usually do what the track allows. Sometimes it works for me some times it dosen't. I would rather see something done about the seatbacks to me that is a way worse problem. I would never pull up someones blanket, I was raised that the world don't revolve around me.

9/3/09, 10:12 PM   #42
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
I applaud Gas City for not allowing those damn LazyBoy recliners to be brought in. I have seen them turn people away with them and I am pleased that they won't allow them. Last year at Kamp we almost got into a fight over the people in front of us using them. TRACK OWNERS: Outlaw them those damn things and do all of us a favor.

I see nothing wrong with putting down a blanket or cushion to save a seat the day of the show. If the track will allow it, we will do it. The only way to stop it is to lock down the grandstand area and comb the seats and remove all blankets an hour before opening the gates. Either that or have a reserved section and charge additional $$$$$$ to accomodate the folks that want to have those seats. JMO

9/3/09, 10:12 PM   #43
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlkyMadness View Post
I'll tell you why people mark off the row in front of them: to keep some freakin jackass away that wants to bring his/her mega size reclining lounge chair. Tracks need to ban those damn things or else charge the people double. Blankets and seat cushions only. Sorry if you've got a bad back.

I was at a track recently and there were so many people (in fine health I might add) showing up with them that I knew I'd have to block off the seat in front of me or else I'd come back from the restrooms with someone leaned back and no place for my knees. Saw a few "almost" fights over these things that night. That doesn't need to happen. Tracks can ban them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
Basically, taping down a blanket is reserving your seat -- whether you do it at 7 a.m., or 7 p.m. I don't see how anyone can call it anything else.
Maybe there should be a blanket fee that is equal to the price of a reserved seat. When you pay that, you are entitled to choose your seat and tape down a blanket. Just like choosing a reserved seat.
Why should it be allowed for free?
Jim Morrison
Banning those huge stadium seats and charging an extra fee for reserving spaces sounds fine to me. I wouldn't mind paying an extra fee to know that I would have a good place to view the races from when I arrive at the track. It would make the entire process much more pleasurable.

9/3/09, 10:14 PM   #44
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Hey I worked 28 hours this week

I don't think there are any bad seats IN any Indiana track,the pits are outside so haulers don't block your view.

The only think that pisses me off is WHEN SOME VIDEO GUY BUILDS A PARTY DECK IN YOUR SEATS

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
9/3/09, 10:22 PM   #45
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post

I don't think there are any bad seats IN any Indiana track,the pits are outside so haulers don't block your view.

The only think that pisses me off is WHEN SOME VIDEO GUY BUILDS A PARTY DECK IN YOUR SEATS
Damn you worked 28 hrs, you must be exhausted, this will mess up your government payouts won't it

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

9/3/09, 10:27 PM   #46
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Damn you worked 28 hrs, you must be exhausted, this will mess up your government payouts won't it
No working mans walfare this week:2:

9/3/09, 10:31 PM   #47
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:

Aero,

You worked overtime again this week? I thought that PARTY DECK WAS BUILT FOR YOU AND YOUR POSSE.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/3/09, 10:32 PM   #48
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Think im going to put my seat in the Big Greeen and White Water truck .Furthest from Section A you can get unless your in the turn three stands

As for Gas City, Look, The place only exist now because someone stepped up. I met him two weeks ago, Good man.

The track has good racing, Great concessions. The best pit policy ever. Go to the pits, see all your drivers and teams until Drivers meeting for $1.00 which goes to a nobel cause. The point fund, Heck you could win the 50/50 too!

The stands need work. Raising the front board of each row would be a big huge plus. Cut up some four by fours and do it as you can do it and as you can afford too.

Other than the stands and the no cooler policy. I got little problems with it, However I couldn't imagine coolers in them stands, Expecially bigger shows. To their credit they offer 12oz cans for a buck and 20oz bottles of soda for two I think. Not bad and you can close the bottle to keep dust out. Not that that was a problem last few times I was there.

Chuck

Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/3/09 at 11:39 PM.

9/3/09, 10:36 PM   #49
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Think im going to put my seat in the Big Greeen and White Water truck .Furthest from Section A you can get unless your in the turn three stands

Chuck,

Come on down to Section A; you know you want to be there enjoying the evening. You might be surprised at who stops by. It seems that everyone wants to meet and greet the infamous Marvin Q. Fishburger and his friends.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/3/09, 11:02 PM   #50
Danny Burton

Quote:
I beat you by 4 hours, big boy. 32 this week. 24 next week. Vacation the following week. And the beat goes on.

I sit with Marv every chance I gets and then I get all his female rejects.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events