IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Personal Achievement
10/19/21, 6:25 PM   #1
Personal Achievement
CRA91

This past Saturday night in helping J.T Imperial get a ASCS winged feature win at Barona Ca. a friend told me that I had now won at least one race in the past 5 decades now( I had no idea) in the 80's,90's,2000's,2010's and now 2020's.

Now that I'm aware of it I fell very honored and blessed to have been able achieve such a task. I'm just one of the many people or have given their whole life to racing in hopes of fame and glory,some of us are fortunate to achieve something, but a lot work just as hard and are never even heard about. Racing is fickle and thats why I feel fortunate to have had good owners with top notch equipement and great drivers to work with.To them I'm very thankful.

This is something I'm very proud and just wanted to share it with everyone.

10/19/21, 7:01 PM   #2
Re: Personal Achievement
jonboat15

Thanks for giving it up for a good cause as long as you have. I have a few pics of Lealand back in the day that I would like to email or text to you. Both pics are from PA in 92 or 93. BTW how is the Tempe Tornado doing?
I have some really fine memories of him.

3 members like this post: CRA91, luckybuc97, tirespinner
10/19/21, 7:05 PM   #3
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA91 View Post
This past Saturday night in helping J.T Imperial get a ASCS winged feature win at Barona Ca. a friend told me that I had now won at least one race in the past 5 decades now( I had no idea) in the 80's,90's,2000's,2010's and now 2020's.

Now that I'm aware of it I fell very honored and blessed to have been able achieve such a task. I'm just one of the many people or have given their whole life to racing in hopes of fame and glory,some of us are fortunate to achieve something, but a lot work just as hard and are never even heard about. Racing is fickle and thats why I feel fortunate to have had good owners with top notch equipement and great drivers to work with.To them I'm very thankful.

This is something I'm very proud and just wanted to share it with everyone.
You SHOULD be very proud. That's an outstanding record.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

6 members like this post: CRA91, Indy1808, jonboat15, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
10/19/21, 7:08 PM   #4
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
Thanks for giving it up for a good cause as long as you have. I have a few pics of Lealand back in the day that I would like to email or text to you. Both pics are from PA in 92 or 93. BTW how is the Tempe Tornado doing?
I have some really fine memories of him.
Send me a personal message and I will give you my e-mail address, Lealand is doing well and enjoying retirement,I've heard that he still gets pretty crazy in his sand rail.

10/19/21, 7:27 PM   #5
bart

Congrats! I remember the final days of Ascot. Those were good days and great races.

Bart

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, CRA91, rick42, tirespinner
10/19/21, 8:32 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thats a pretty elite group that can say they've done that.
Congrats!

2 members like this post: CRA91, luckybuc97
10/20/21, 12:22 AM   #7
staggerman

Cool stat and that got me thinking and I have same accomplishment crewing on cars over the past 26 years. Thanks for making me think back and congrats to you also. It’s a fun ride.

3 members like this post: CRA91, luckybuc97, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Personal Achievement