IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > California small engine ban
10/16/21, 12:03 PM   #41
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Will do, like to base opinions and decisions based on objective evidence as opposed to emotion and heresay.
Please reread my previous posts...slowly. Never, not once, did I ever insinuate that my thoughts were based on "emotion and hearsay". What I said was they were based on my personal observations and real life experiences.How you translated that to "emotion and hearsay" is beyond me. Now feel free to get the last word. I've already wasted too much of my time on you.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

10/16/21, 4:09 PM   #42
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
Please reread my previous posts...slowly. Never, not once, did I ever insinuate that my thoughts were based on "emotion and hearsay". What I said was they were based on my personal observations and real life experiences.How you translated that to "emotion and hearsay" is beyond me. Now feel free to get the last word. I've already wasted too much of my time on you.

My post was not about you individually, it was a generic response to many previous posts in which anecdotes and personal experiences are cited as sources. Also just checked about the "ban" it appears that initially only applies to lawn mowers, leaf blowers. Generators to be addressed in 2028. Lots of time for reconsideration and technological advancement, assuming the Luddites will not stand in the way.

1 member likes this post: fish
10/16/21, 6:57 PM   #43
Re: California small engine ban
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
My post was not about you individually, it was a generic response to many previous posts in which anecdotes and personal experiences are cited as sources. Also just checked about the "ban" it appears that initially only applies to lawn mowers, leaf blowers. Generators to be addressed in 2028. Lots of time for reconsideration and technological advancement, assuming the Luddites will not stand in the way.
Article I read said implied to all small gas engines including golf carts ( power washers, chain saws, trimmers, leaf blowers, go carts, etc….). Yes generators are included and the date set was 2024 unless it’s feasible earlier. So come 2024 you won’t be able to buy a gas generator in CA.

1 member likes this post: skids59
10/19/21, 1:52 AM   #44
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
The same breed of intellectual elitists that have brought about world peace, eliminated poverty, and cured the common cold are now going to fix the atmosphere. What could go wrong?
"Intellectual Elitists"??? I don't want to give up internal combustion engines either, even small ones, but I realize that people who've spent their whole lives studying climatology know more about the subject than me. Same for epidemiologists. & Guess what? Kyle Larson knows more about driving race cars than any of us too. To think otherwise is willful ignorance.
Beside that, I doubt a law like this will pass (like I said before), so calm down

10/19/21, 2:02 AM   #45
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
The earth is typically either slowly warming or slowly cooling. A friend reminds me in the large scope of things we are in a small warming period between two ice ages.
Its not slow or gradual: http://https://www.weforum.org/agend...need-act-fast/

10/19/21, 7:34 AM   #46
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

It already has passed and Newsom has signed it into law.

10/20/21, 12:23 PM   #47
revjimk

I checked & you're right. It bans the sale of new small engines. I'm surprised
But people can still use their old ones, & keep fixing them
Plus it will create a market for used chain saws & mowers from other states! Some people will make $$$

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > California small engine ban