IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > California small engine ban
10/14/21, 9:01 AM   #11
Re: California small engine ban
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRA91 View Post
It's because of crap like this and a whole lotta other reasons that i'm planing my escape from this over priced and over populated cesspool at this very moment. California used to be a nice place,but the people that are running it are starting to run it into the ground.
You make no implications as to where it is you're thinking of making your escape to but I wish you safe and satisfying escape. I would caution you not to consider Illinois. As a life long resident I can tell you Illinois is very little better than Cali. Our present governor is a California native and plays "monkey see-monkey do" with California insanity.

My chosen profession demands that I suffer the hellhole that Illinois has become but if not for that we'd be gone in a blink of an eye as thousands have done in recent years. The only things I'd miss are the two dirt miles!!

6 members like this post: CRA91, jdull99, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69, skids59
10/14/21, 9:31 AM   #12
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
I love ya my fellow sprint car lover and I'm sorry if I offended you, but I'm also sorry that you believe that anything I said was political. It was not; all of those things I spoke about are not political, but instead affronts on our culture, and our traditions, and our way of life.

Yes, I singled out Pelosi and Newsom and I probably shouldn't have because any recent republican gubernatorial administration in California has been just as bad.

I say we move past boxing ourselves in to party factions and coalesce around what we have in common: love of liberty and the American way of life- the way of life that millions from all around the world aspire to emigrate to.
Not offended, my point is that these issues can be discussed civilly without specific political evaluations. Also they often lead to questionable accusations and assumptions from other posters based upon anecdotal evidence.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
10/14/21, 9:44 AM   #13
TQ29m

Man it's hard to keep ******** out of it, but my thoughts are why do they make policies, and threats, when they haven't' read what they are proposing, it's easy to say and promise, but the details are far behind the ban, no thought goes into even a good idea, to some, making it easy to regulate comes long after the threat, I'm mid 80's, and have seen a lot, but the future might be too much to bear. I find it hard to believe that we can control the climate, yet they keep promising grandiose results from being able to do it, it can't be done, yes you might be able to regulate some of the particles we breath, but to control the weather, and climate, I don't think so, and who would control it to everyone's satisfaction, I'm satisfied the way it is, it sometimes isn't like I'd have it, but as long as I've been around, I've managed.

10/14/21, 11:21 AM   #14
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
anecdotal evidence.
What you call 'anecdotal evidence' I refer to as life experience and personal observation.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, PIT CART, TQ29m
10/14/21, 11:34 AM   #15
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
This isn't political at all. But I could sure go there.

By that time there won't be a sane person left in California.
Most everyone I know from there has left with the few left wanting to leave.

Little known fact is that half them homeless are working class that still work and can no longer afford mortgages.

Darn shame too cause when I was a kid many moved there or wanted to go there.
Not today.

As for generators at the track, I suppose the tracks could wire electric outlets at a significant cost. But the tracks are disappearing too.
Last edited by sw1911; 10/14/21 at 11:41 AM. Reason: wrong post

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
10/14/21, 11:59 AM   #16
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
You make no implications as to where it is you're thinking of making your escape to but I wish you safe and satisfying escape. I would caution you not to consider Illinois. As a life long resident I can tell you Illinois is very little better than Cali. Our present governor is a California native and plays "monkey see-monkey do" with California insanity.

My chosen profession demands that I suffer the hellhole that Illinois has become but if not for that we'd be gone in a blink of an eye as thousands have done in recent years. The only things I'd miss are the two dirt miles!!
& those of us in the northern part of the state, just have to cross the state line to WI and we can EASILY find gas 35cents/g cheaper than IL! No lie...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3 members like this post: CRA91, kinser, PIT CART
10/14/21, 12:34 PM   #17
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
& those of us in the northern part of the state, just have to cross the state line to WI and we can EASILY find gas 35cents/g cheaper than IL! No lie...
I do not doubt what you say even a little bit and I promise my intention here is not one upmanship. That having been said earlier this year the wife and I took a midsummer trip to Table Rock Lake for a week. On our trip down there immediately upon crossing the river at St. Louis gasoline prices dropped to the tune of .60¢/gal. and as if by magic the roads became 70% better. A few years ago we Illinoisans were promised wonderful roads by our esteemed governor fat bastard (relax, this term is an analogy in reference to a comedic movie character from a couple of decades back) when the legislature DOUBLED the gasoline tax. I won't hold my breath.
Last edited by ISF; 10/14/21 at 12:35 PM.

6 members like this post: jdull99, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69, skids59, sw1911
10/14/21, 8:43 PM   #18
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
It's unfortunate that 99% of Californians give the rest of them a bad name.

Thanks, Eric! I needed to piss my pants today laughing!

10/14/21, 8:43 PM   #19
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Man it's hard to keep ******** out of it, but my thoughts are why do they make policies, and threats, when they haven't' read what they are proposing, it's easy to say and promise, but the details are far behind the ban, no thought goes into even a good idea, to some, making it easy to regulate comes long after the threat, I'm mid 80's, and have seen a lot, but the future might be too much to bear. I find it hard to believe that we can control the climate, yet they keep promising grandiose results from being able to do it, it can't be done, yes you might be able to regulate some of the particles we breath, but to control the weather, and climate, I don't think so, and who would control it to everyone's satisfaction, I'm satisfied the way it is, it sometimes isn't like I'd have it, but as long as I've been around, I've managed.
They just need to tax us more and they can fix “ Climate Change” 🙄

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
10/14/21, 10:51 PM   #20
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
That should work out for them about as well as banning firearms has.

Will we soon see video evidence of Pelosi and her nephew Gavin Newsom flaunting their own rules here as well?

Meanwhile, in Antarctica, the winter of 2021 was the second-coldest on record, with the temperature for June, July, and August 3.4 degrees Celsius (6.1 degrees Fahrenheit) lower than the 1981 to 2010 average at -62.9 degrees Celsius (-81.2 degrees Fahrenheit).

Yep, "global warming" is upon us.

Austerity on your quality of life is incoming. "Equity" concerning "quality of life" is the agenda, and equity will not be achieved by raising the 3rd World up, but by bringing the 1st World down. You see, the middle classes of the 1st World are far too uppity for their upper-class masters' tastes and are now seen as a danger to be labeled as "terrorists". This is being played out at School Board meetings, of all places.

So, *THE* question is this: will you abide by these edicts to constrict yourself, censor yourself, limit yourself, condemn yourself, and bind yourself, or will you render these edicts null and void?

I suppose I'll add the image of a push lawn mower to my "Come And Take It" flag.
Nobody in ANY state has proposed "banning firearms"
If its so cold, why are the glaciers melting???
You claim your comments are not political..... BS
But I would be very surprised if this idea actually was passed as a law, too impractical. Extremists of any party can propose whatever they want, doesn't mean its gonna happen

1 member likes this post: captrat
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > California small engine ban