IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jim Prices buys Twin Cities. Renamed Rock Crest Raceway
9/15/21, 9:20 PM   #1
Jim Prices buys Twin Cities. Renamed Rock Crest Raceway
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Hope it's just as good as when Tim had it. Non-Wing Sprints October 1st & October 16th.
Last edited by nathans1012; 9/15/21 at 9:24 PM.

9/16/21, 10:49 AM   #2
PAW

Twin cities it is then 😃

9/16/21, 1:13 PM   #3
Re: Jim Prices buys Twin Cities. Renamed Rock Crest Raceway
chrismattlin

Was TCRP's reputation so bad that it was necessary to change the name of the facility?

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it's not too often that a business is sold and the new owner changes the name..... unless there was an issue. Name recognition is huge for a business' brand. We can see that changing Huset's to Badlands didn't work out. Besides, most people will still call it North Vernon or Twin Cities anyway, much the same as people still call WWTR, Gateway, or LORP, IRP.

3 members like this post: kylenap, motorhead748, treecitytornado
9/16/21, 5:01 PM   #4
BrentTFunk

Good luck to the new owners. Place needs some TLC, and that means money. If someone could really fix the place up, it could be great. Not sure if it could profitable, Catch fence and lighting need a lot of work. Wish them the best.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
9/16/21, 6:34 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The track is good (Dirt) They've replaced the fence all the way around but it still needs to be better in one and three for sprints. Guard rail gate at the track exit installed and most of the wood in the grandstand is good. compared to what it used to be. Mobile home converted to restrooms behind the barn. (Far better than they had)

My worry is that we have enough sprints to support two on fri's and three on saturday. Not three on Fris and up to five on saturdays. I get it, Some just wanna run. But without a sanction or a big race. The Count for sprints was almost never there. Back to the 80s Every track has to do what['s best for it. I get that too. But working a weekend with another track could sure boost both cars and fans.

Would love to see the No Way out back at North Vernon. Really not a fan of getting sand blasted at Brownstown and thats what that track is, half sand.

9/17/21, 3:08 AM   #6
treecitytornado

Chuck, unless he's giving up Promoting Brownstown, Jim, did a great job for many years!!

9/17/21, 9:54 AM   #7
Eatin Dirt

Would like to see them run sprints on Sunday nights. You would have Kokomo in the upper part of the state and Rock Crest in the lower part.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, LGD, tirespinner
9/17/21, 10:56 PM   #8
badcoupe

The tracks lighting is much better now than it was a few years ago, haven’t been to spectator side of track since the early 2000’s when you still drove behind the stands to get to pits so I can’t comment on that side of facilities. Track is pretty good these days, pit stands and concessions are good. The fence is newer but needs cable backing for sprints I believe. I remember sprint week running there and the shows were always good. Wish them success in the future.

9/18/21, 9:05 PM   #9
treecitytornado

You can't be running Sprint Car or Midget Racing with Cables in the Catch Fence!!! Hope this is wrong, for everyone's safety!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jim Prices buys Twin Cities. Renamed Rock Crest Raceway