Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tss mscs & mowa
9/2/16, 3:12 PM   #11
Re: Tss mscs & mowa
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvee View Post
Reitz football Fri., King of Non Wing Sat., Tri State Sun., ARCA Mon., divorce court Tues.
ARCA is running on Sunday night this year. There are no races at DuQuoin on Monday!!!

2 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97
9/2/16, 7:34 PM   #12
chrismattlin

I did the true double back a number of years ago when they ran Duquoin on Sunday. Watched the Silver Crown race in Illinois, then high-tailed it to Haubstadt. Quite a few drivers did the same.
One year I didn't tell the 'ol lady about "stopping" at Tri-State on the way home and she was napping until we pulled in the parking lot; boy, was she pissed! That is until she realized her favorite at the time, JJ Yeley, was there. Good times.

4 members like this post: dctracy79, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, SPRINTCAR
9/3/16, 12:17 PM   #13
ronmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
I did the true double back a number of years ago when they ran Duquoin on Sunday. Watched the Silver Crown race in Illinois, then high-tailed it to Haubstadt. Quite a few drivers did the same.
One year I didn't tell the 'ol lady about "stopping" at Tri-State on the way home and she was napping until we pulled in the parking lot; boy, was she pissed! That is until she realized her favorite at the time, JJ Yeley, was there. Good times.
I used to go to the USAC stock cars on Sunday, do Haubstadt on Sunday night, and go back to DuQuoin on Monday for the Champ cars. They modified the schedule for a time in the seventies, and I really had a busy time in I believe 1976 (from memory, not checking my records). I did a stock car race at Chandler on Friday night, USAC stock cars at DuQuoin on Saturday, stock car race at Princeton on Saturday night, USAC Champ cars at DuQuoin on Sunday, and back to Haubstadt on Sunday night. Five races in actually a little less than three days! Makes me tired just thinking about it!

9/3/16, 11:20 PM   #14
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I used to go to the USAC stock cars on Sunday, do Haubstadt on Sunday night, and go back to DuQuoin on Monday for the Champ cars. They modified the schedule for a time in the seventies, and I really had a busy time in I believe 1976 (from memory, not checking my records). I did a stock car race at Chandler on Friday night, USAC stock cars at DuQuoin on Saturday, stock car race at Princeton on Saturday night, USAC Champ cars at DuQuoin on Sunday, and back to Haubstadt on Sunday night. Five races in actually a little less than three days! Makes me tired just thinking about it!
Ron you"re amazeing!!!! When I get better with health I"d like to ride shotgun again sometime, Keep the pedal down buddy

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, ronmil
9/4/16, 12:23 AM   #15
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Phew,Im going to lay down for a while

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, ronmil
9/4/16, 1:22 AM   #16
Rpracing1

Quote:
Ron you were a busy man in those days. Just think if you would of had the Buick then !

I think Ron has to have seen the most races in the history of the universe and remembers all of them!

3 members like this post: dctracy79, jim goerge, ronmil
9/4/16, 4:07 PM   #17
ronmil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Ron you were a busy man in those days. Just think if you would of had the Buick then !

I think Ron has to have seen the most races in the history of the universe and remembers all of them!
Thanks for the comments Bob! Actually my legendary ride is an Oldsmobile Aurora, although I was driving my wife's Ford Fusion yesterday. Enjoyed talking with you and your wife. Hope you enjoyed DuQuoin.

9/4/16, 4:55 PM   #18
Rpracing1

Quote:
Thanks for the comments Bob! Actually my legendary ride is an Oldsmobile Aurora, although I was driving my wife's Ford Fusion yesterday. Enjoyed talking with you and your wife. Hope you enjoyed DuQuoin.

Ron, I knew that , not sure why I called it a Buick.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
9/4/16, 7:29 PM   #19
jjg30

Updates ?

9/4/16, 7:31 PM   #20
Rpracing1

Roughly 30 winged and 30 traditional sprinters

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tss mscs & mowa