IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wing vs. Non-Wing
8/19/21, 4:43 PM   #31
Re: Wing vs. Non-Wing
Crankin

For those speaking about purse differences, here is Fremont's current weekly show payout: https://www.fremontohspeedway.com/purse

The only somewhat current weekly Indiana purse is this one: https://www.gascityi69speedway.com/w...se-Payouts.pdf

3 members like this post: TNRustler, Tom23, treecitytornado
8/19/21, 5:04 PM   #32
TQ29m

I know it will never happen, but even for a win and $1500.00 to stuff in your blue jeans isn't really enough for your expenses, man can't live on bread alone, you have to be going on ego and the thrill of it, and hope the bills don't catch up with you. I did it all myself, my saving grace was I bought a nuff machines I could make all the expensive stuff myself and other people, that kept the. bills paid.

8/19/21, 8:51 PM   #33
revjimk

The only thing better about wings is that you can see the car numbers better! (& bigger billboard for ads?)

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55
8/19/21, 8:57 PM   #34
TQ29m

Wonder what the current percentage is that goes to the driver now days? Just curious.

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
8/19/21, 9:01 PM   #35
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
Not to move away from the initial thread but does USAC's juggling a triple crown schedule running 3 distinct open wheel series from February to November have any impact on national audience awareness vs the single series in wings barnstorming the country...WoO, ASCoC, ASCS? Old days USAC was dirt & pavement, run a midget, then a sprint car, then Silver Crown as a ladder with national implications when you got to the top of your game. Is the be all, for all, the problem? ....
I have also wondered the same thing, but if a change was made would the traditionalist accept it. It is obvious that the sprint cars are the top class in USAC. The midgets have moved firmly into position two with Silver Crown in the rear.

Would you only drop the Silver Crown and give more dates to the Sprints and Midgets? Would you drop both the Silver Crown and Midgets and concentrate solely on spring cars?

Remember that if you do not protect the midgets that POWRi could become the national midget series and take the dates and cars.

Finally, for all of you silver crown fans upset that they are at the bottom of the list all you have to do is look at the competitive series going against silver crown...... If USAC drops silver crown, the series goes off into the sunset.

8/19/21, 9:18 PM   #36
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
For those speaking about purse differences, here is Fremont's current weekly show payout: https://www.fremontohspeedway.com/purse

The only somewhat current weekly Indiana purse is this one: https://www.gascityi69speedway.com/w...se-Payouts.pdf
Here is the Lawrenceburg Speedway purse structure. The only change to what is posted is that all sprint cars that do not start the feature receive $100.

https://www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com...urse-structure

4 members like this post: Crankin, Ken Bonnema, openwheelfan1, TNRustler
8/20/21, 12:17 AM   #37
treecitytornado

Bob, still 40% in most cases. Some get 50% if it's a big Money Payout & they finish in the Top 3.

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
8/20/21, 12:22 AM   #38
treecitytornado

Here's Circle City's Regular Winged Payout. That's why I said, 10 Cars a couple weeks ago, was very disappointing.
Attached Images
Screenshot_20210820-002732_Drive.jpg (1.18 MB, 69 views)
Last edited by treecitytornado; 8/20/21 at 12:28 AM.

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
8/20/21, 7:25 AM   #39
otgracing17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
A point I made in an earlier post, Haubstadt just ran a $5000 to win show for non wing and 22 cars signed in. What, then, is the incentive to pay higher purses? It’s head scratching.
Haubstadt's a different ball game with a different series. There are other reasons rather than money that people do not want to go race down there at the moment.

8/20/21, 8:22 AM   #40
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by otgracing17 View Post
Haubstadt's a different ball game with a different series. There are other reasons rather than money that people do not want to go race down there at the moment.
Just curious, care to elaborate?

3 members like this post: Dougherty20, sw1911, treecitytornado
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wing vs. Non-Wing