IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #1 12/11/11 1:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any news from the Montpelier Motor Speedway Midget Meeting that took place yesterday?
i.e. - Rules, Possible Weekly Payouts, Racing Rules, Race Format, ect....?

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
otgracing17 (Offline)
  #2 12/11/11 5:58 PM
http://www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com/2012/MidgetDraft.htm

Posted via Mobile Device
BrianBSU23 (Offline)
  #3 12/11/11 6:44 PM
First we would like to the drivers and teams who were able to spend their Saturday afternoon with us along with everyone who has contacted us by phone or through email throughout this process. We know several traveled a great distance to support this endeavor and have taken the time to answer our numerous questions throughout the whole process. We greatly appreciate your support.

By following the link below, you will be able to see our second draft of the proposed midget series at the Montpelier Motor Speedway. Please disregard any draft or information you may have seen from the meeting:

http://www.montpeliermotorspeedway.c...idgetDraft.htm

We will continue to collect feedback and suggestions and release our final copy along with a schedule in a couple weeks. At this time we are looking for further ideas, compliments, feedback, and suggestions on the draft as proposed. Please note that is NOT the finalized release and we are continuing to seek input

Please know that we will not be able to please everyone in every area, but we are looking to provide a fun, competitive, economical, safe, and friendly place to compete on a regular basis.

Thanks again for your support. We would look forward from hearing from you on the new draft.
4 Likes: DAD, dirtnonwingfan, nathans1012, Roy Bleckert
Tall Jackson (Offline)
  #4 12/11/11 7:23 PM
Racing on Saturday nights?

Posted via Mobile Device
BrianBSU23 (Offline)
  #5 12/11/11 8:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tall Jackson:
Racing on Saturday nights?

Posted via Mobile Device
Yes. racing will be on Saturday nights.

We do have two weekends (1 in October and 1 in the Summer) where we will race both Friday and Saturday. The summer date or classes for the double weekend have not been determined.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #6 12/11/11 10:30 PM
We all see the complaints from people affiliated with midget racing on this board. Purses, costs, tires you name. I'd like to thank Montpelier for sticking their neck waaaaay out there in support of midget racing.

The midget racers now have someone trying to work with them, I hope the midget racers try to work with Montpelier.It would be nice to see something WORK in midget racing in Indiana.
4 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Mud Packer, openwheelKT, PJ Wright
Roy Bleckert (Offline)
  #7 12/12/11 1:07 AM
Midgets Powered By Spec Engines, Volkswagen, Entirely Stock Production Block and Head, Chevy II, etc... - No Minimum Weight

All 1000CC and greater Upright Mini Sprints (Non Wing) are eligible to compete in the midget class. Cars falling under Mini Sprint rules will be motorcycle engine powered and may be chain driven or utilize a traditional driveline and quick-change rear end.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
zeromotorsports (Offline)
  #8 12/12/11 8:14 AM
When is the first race?

Posted via Mobile Device
Tall Jackson (Offline)
  #9 12/12/11 11:28 AM
This is great I hope it works for everyone. As a fan another Saturday option to catch a race. Just a short drive Friday nights from Gas City.

Posted via Mobile Device
BrianBSU23 (Offline)
  #10 12/12/11 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by zeromotorsports:
When is the first race?

Posted via Mobile Device

First Night is Tentatively Scheduled For Saturday, April 7

If the feedback from this draft is favorable, we should have a complete schedule and definite rules released by the beginning of the year.

Please keep the feedback and emails coming!
2 Likes: nathans1012, Roy Bleckert