IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > amsa rules
9/30/09, 2:10 PM   #1
amsa rules
Harry Jones 14

Don't you guys think the owner of amsa knows what is best for the association? He has been on both sides of the racing. He has raced since he was knee high to a grasshopper and for several years the owner of amsa. When it was a club, you couldn't get anyone to agree with anything. Since JT has taken over it has growed and got better. And he don't own any cars. He has each of the members intrestes in mind. That is why I hear that he called his members and talked to each one to see what they felt needed to be done. and ALL agreeded that weight was the way to go. Some say a tire rule. JT wants the little guy that is on a limited funds for racing be able to race fair with the guy that has a motor built to the limit. That isn't fair to the little guy. So why have the bigger motor any more? And amsa will stay 1200cc. Jt want amsa to grow and everyone get along. This crap that is going on is just hurting all mini sprints. But, mmsa may want that and you guys are helping out. JT has a good head on his shoulder and will make the right move. He is just looking out for all of you drivers. and want to see as many new faces winning the Features so if weight is the way to go, what are you all complaining about? Good things will happen in 2010 season their will be some suprises that no one knows about, when or where or how it will happen time will tell. I will be at Lawrenceburg on the 3rd. I hope you all will be there also. So lets all support JT and the amsa.

9/30/09, 2:29 PM   #2
Re: amsa rules
TNR22

1st off welcome to IOW Harry

You say all of this crap is hurting, you think people discussing rules in a series that they run is CRAP?
We ran AMSA all season and had a ball, and like the way Jerry treats the racers. However if it keeps going the way its going I am afraid we will be forced to go elsewhere to race. I don't see how weight will work when most not all but most are above 950 already so if you were to add enough weight to big motors and a guy wieghts lets say 930 now you want him to weigh 1000 that is 70 lbs to hang on a car. not real safe to me. I am sorry but 1200s are a dying bread. The AMSA has the premier tracks so why not make it a affordable safe sport and you will see car counts grow. I belive it is time to act before it is too late.

9/30/09, 3:22 PM   #3
Harry Jones 14

no not is all crap, but, when you talk about golf, fishing, hunting and not the reason you are on here. Yes some changes has to be made, but, just what if weight isn't the way what is

9/30/09, 3:55 PM   #4
TNR22

any engine after 2000 stock bore and stroke before 2000 1200cc max NO ZX12
cars on gas 925lb
cars on alky 950 lb
sp3 Tire on RR
Just my opinion

we know JT proabaly won't ban the ZX12 for reasons we won't discuss but I think it will be a death penalty for the AMSA
This is not a bash Jerry deal, He has some tough desions to make. He has a great thing going and We don't want to see it die like before
Last edited by TNR22; 9/30/09 at 4:02 PM.

9/30/09, 6:02 PM   #5
suzuki756

jerry is great!
but he needs to make a change he knows that, and adding weight will not work and it is not safe,and i am not from the mmsa i would not race with them for many reasons.i want to keep racing with the amsa but i don't think it will happen maybe just buy a few karts
take the kids racing for fun.

9/30/09, 7:40 PM   #6
Harry Jones 14

yes, JT know that a change is needed. If he put weight on the big build motors and up the middle just alittle will that help? JT wants the litttle guy that don't have much money to be able to race and be up there with the big motors. They try to keep the price on the racing with amsa down so all can race and have fun while doing it. He does care for what all his members are saying and he is thinking long and hard on this subject. He want to be fair to all. I have talked to him and he wants to see amsa keep growing and to keep the build to the hilt motors out of it. But, he said that there it about 3 or 4 cars now that has a big motor, so what does he do, tell them they can't run with him, or put some weight on them? You tell me. JT is up in the air over this.

9/30/09, 7:51 PM   #7
slide22

I say tell them they can't run with them. He has a chocie, make 3-4 people mad, or make 20 people mad.

9/30/09, 8:02 PM   #8
Harry Jones 14

you can't tell the racers that love to race mini sprints to go else where, if JT did that word would get out and that would get everyone on the war path. Try to see JT side of the story here. I have been racing for along time also way before you was born, I bet. I have drove all kinds of cars, I can see JT point. Just wants to make it fair for all. Why are you in a hurry to tell the big motor racers to go elsewhere? What is in it for you? Didn't you race with mmsa? how is their rules on big build motors? Oh I forgot Allen owns most of the cars that does win. Does he even teck them? weigh them? pay them what he says he pays ( I don't think so)

9/30/09, 8:50 PM   #9
TNR22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Jones 14 View Post
you can't tell the racers that love to race mini sprints to go else where, if JT did that word would get out and that would get everyone on the war path. Try to see JT side of the story here. I have been racing for along time also way before you was born, I bet. I have drove all kinds of cars, I can see JT point. Just wants to make it fair for all. Why are you in a hurry to tell the big motor racers to go elsewhere? What is in it for you? Didn't you race with mmsa? how is their rules on big build motors? Oh I forgot Allen owns most of the cars that does win. Does he even teck them? weigh them? pay them what he says he pays ( I don't think so)
If someone that loves to race mini sprints as you say can afford to spend big bucks to build a motor they should be able to spend $1000 to $1500 on a stock motor.
We raced with AMSA all year. I am not going to defend the others you speak of but what the hell does this have to do with them. we want to cotinue to run with you guys( sorry I meant AMSA) This is not personal but since you have been around for so long you should know what happened to AMSA years back. I hope I am wrong but if something does not change there won't be 15 cars next year. I think weight could even up the cars but I don't see how you tell a guy to hang 50+ pounds on these cars.

9/30/09, 8:59 PM   #10
racechevy

how many guys built motors last winter? a bunch. then how many jumped out and bought rosson engine and injection systems ,because everyone said thats the way to go ,so you got people buying $8000 to $9000 engine packages because thats what they think they need to have to win,so if you got someone that wants to get in the class and they call rosson or another engine builder and he prices it at that kind of money it will scare them off,JT does a good job but something needs to be done ,I don't think weight will do it (just my opinion)and I made a joke about fishing,but this s*** happens every year but nothing seems to get done, its like this ,I think the engine cost has to come down somehow or it will end up like the old AMSA .

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

AMSA has had 19 races
#28 won 6 races does he have a stock motor ?
#44 won 5 races is his stock ?
#52 won 3 races stock engine ?
#27 1 win is he stock?
#22R 1 win stock ?
#22 1 win stock ?
8F 1 win stock ?
92 1 win is he stock?
37W 1 win is he stock ?

I'm sure everyone will say they are stock , just ask them,but we all know they are all not stock ,but i think you might have 3 or 4 of this cars to have a stock engine.

1 member likes this post: TNR22
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > amsa rules