IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
4/9/12, 10:40 AM   #1
No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
Jackslash.com

Jackslash Media Inc. PR
April, 9, 2012
Brownsburg, In.

First off we want to thank USAC for allowing Jackslash Media Inc. to cover selected events over the last two seasons.

We have produced many television and radio commercials, weekly highlights and interviews , featuring selected USAC races on our weekly TV show "Flip the Switch" and 2011 "Eastern Storm" and "Indiana Sprintweek" DVD's.

At this time Jackslash Media Inc. will not be covering any USAC events in 2012. "This is my decision and we will be sticking to it until further notice," says Jackslash Media Inc. owner Sean Buckley.

Jackslash Media Inc (Jackslash.com) will be focusing on the "local Indiana Sprint Car scene."

We are excited and committed to bringing all of our Jackslash.com members the best Indiana Sprint Car content possibe. From interviews, to race highlights, "Flip the Switch" webisodes and more.

2012 will prove to be a fun and breakout year for not only Jackslash Media Inc., but giving the Indiana Sprint Car "scene" the support and credit they deserve.

We want to wish USAC the best of luck with their 2012 media efforts.

Sean Buckley
Jackslash Media Inc.
www.jackslash.com
@gojackslash

4/9/12, 11:13 AM   #2
Wrench Turner

Not gonna keep quiet on this one. This upsets me. Getting to watch USAC shows was one of the main reasons I purchased a Jackslash membership.

Posted via Mobile Device

4/9/12, 11:42 AM   #3
Re: No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12
kasey2020

This REALLY sucks! That's a good amount of money to pay a website for only local stuff.

4/9/12, 2:12 PM   #4
Eagle14

Guess USAC doesn't need marketing or advertisement. It's a self promoting product.

SMH

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: RICHCRAFT.SPL
4/9/12, 2:24 PM   #5
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

I will still fully support Sean and his website. Just look at the amount of coverage he has had from the last two events. I know he has big plans for this year.

Now don't quote me on this, but I know back in march when I was talking with Sean on a weekly basis, he mentioned something about getting flack from USAC about the footage being on his website, so that may have something to do with it.

4/9/12, 2:56 PM   #6
mr g

Well I would bet there is more to this than is being said!!!
There has been alot of press how we cover the biggest and the best!
Well the USAC shows if the not of top they are close. For those of us
that paid to have your service and thinking we were going to receive
those races, this sure is a LET DOWN. Will be interesting to see how many
renew after there year is up ... just saying we are going to miss out on
some big shows.

2 members like this post: Wrench Turner, wvwildthg
4/9/12, 2:58 PM   #7
raceway video

I went from being paid by USAC to cover their races on the west coast (and had permission to sell dvd's) to only being allowed to sell dvd's (no pay) to them wanting me to pay them a percentage of sales. Thats why I stopped covering the series.

4/9/12, 3:25 PM   #8
short track scott

Hey gang, I might be way off base here but I believe that Sean has a pretty good idea of the economic impact this will have on Jackslash.

Posted via Mobile Device

4/9/12, 5:04 PM   #9
monkeyboy

so does this mean if you want to see usac you have to go to a race? Tell me this isn't true. I liked the casual fan sitting at home waiting for updates. Now even more people will complain about watching shows in person.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/9/12, 5:12 PM   #10
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

There is great racing in Indiana every week and USAC does not have a monopoly on it. With a few exceptions, you are going to see the same drivers at a USAC race, a MSCS race, a KISS race, or a weekly race at your favorite track(s). I certainly see no reason this announcement would keep me from renewing my membership.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No USAC for Jackslash Media Inc in '12