IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HELP!!! glasses fogging up during race
10/27/11, 10:20 PM   #1
HELP!!! glasses fogging up during race
denoffsinger

What are guys that wear glasses doing to help keep their glasses from fogging up during cold weather racing? Couldnt hardly see last weekend racing at Montpelier. I bought some rain x anti fog and tried it tonight and they still fog up. I know I can leave my shield cracked open but thats not real safe either. Any good products out there I could try?

10/27/11, 11:03 PM   #2
stroud21

I used to use the rain x anti fog on glasses before I got lasic. Still do use it on my shield. I put it on right before practice though. Doesn't seem to last more than a night.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: dant
10/27/11, 11:07 PM   #3
LocalYokel

Duct tape the bridge or you nose and cheeks to your helmet. Make sure you completely seal off your mouth area from your eye area. Works like a charm...
Posted via Mobile Device

10/28/11, 5:50 AM   #4
Re: HELP!!! glasses fogging up during race
snoopy

Stick deoderant rubbed on your cheecks like football players do lampblack seems to help on the glasses.

10/28/11, 6:39 AM   #5
thebus79h

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
Duct tape the bridge or you nose and cheeks to your helmet. Make sure you completely seal off your mouth area from your eye area. Works like a charm...
Posted via Mobile Device
This is how I do it, works extremely well.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/28/11, 6:53 AM   #6

Before hot laps, take some Dawn dishwashing detergent on a soft paper towel and apply to your glasses and inside of the visor. No water-only the Dawn! Let dry 5 minutes or so, then buff it off-just like buffing a car (I use soft toilet paper for that part). Should last all night. Do this every race night.

10/28/11, 8:47 AM   #7
Downey44

Go to your local dollar store and buy the cheapest foam shaving cream they have. Apply and let set for a few moments and then wipe clean. Cheap and easy fix. Trick used buy the military, but i'm sure it costs us much more than a dollar a can!!

1 member likes this post: AJFrancis21
10/28/11, 8:48 AM   #8
dorsettracing10

Sprint mart sells a product called whale snot!! It's amazing its a wax wont hurt lenses and is easy to use... also cheap!! Call mark at Sprint mart
Posted via Mobile Device

10/28/11, 9:30 AM   #9
TQ29m

Another input, I use Dawn, on the inside of my new tires, keeps them from losing air thru the sidewalls, you can test it by using soapy water on them, after airing them up, then ck an untreated one. Glasses fogging, is usually caused by breathing thru your mouth, rather than your nose, you probably don't realize it, but put your helmet on, and try it. The other methods work, but you can't apply it on the track, so learning to breath properly, is a simple fix. Bob!

10/28/11, 3:12 PM   #10
dant

Rain X makes small prepackaged moisten towelets...wipe the inside of the visor and inside and outsides of glasses..if your cheap like me ..put the towelet in a sealed sanwich bag and you can use it three or four races before it drys out...about a buck each at autozone

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HELP!!! glasses fogging up during race