IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steve Kinser song
10/3/12, 11:22 AM   #21
Re: Steve Kinser song
karin

My memories of tommy cisco
Attached Images
318664_156735557754844_883304321_n.jpg (192.0 KB, 157 views)
389817_10150548904669859_938415347_n.jpg (76.1 KB, 134 views)
389730_279580818803650_311182171_n.jpg (149.0 KB, 143 views)

1 member likes this post: jerrythar500
10/3/12, 11:28 AM   #22
karin

https://www.facebook.com/riptommy.cisco?ref=ts&fref=ts

I Have created a FB page for Tommy's friends, and those who want to see who Tommy was...join if you want! I control the page.

Thanks Again!
Karin (Cisco) Dillman

10/3/12, 11:34 AM   #23
karin

Tommy's first job was at opryland. Roy acuff loved tommy....

After the carl perkins concert. Tommy. Myself, and carl perkins. Jimmy goodman is also in the photo, as well as tommy's dad edd cisco in the red jacket.
Attached Images
carl.jpg (33.4 KB, 108 views)
roy.jpg (28.9 KB, 89 views)
us.jpg (14.8 KB, 93 views)

10/3/12, 11:37 AM   #24
karin

A STORY ABOUT TOMMY'S DADDY....

Edd Cisco was one of the first among rockabilly artists, working alongside greats like Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash.
Edd Cisco, 71, pioneer of Rockabilly music and former Carroll County radio disc jockey, died Thursday, September 20. Funeral services were conducted Sunday in the chapel of Dilday Funeral Home in Huntingdon.

Mr. Cisco, a resident of Westport, will be remembered for his 20-year career as a popular country music disc jockey of McKenzie radio stations WHDM and WKTA, now know as WWYN 107.

Edd began his music career by forming a three-man band with the late legendary Rockabilly singer Carl Perkins and musician Albert Hall. Edd was the singer and rhythm guitar player for the group. The band played regularly over WJTS in Jackson, as well as performing during many other shows and contests.

In 1951, Edd was drafted into the Army, where he served his country until 1955. After receiving his discharge, he returned home to start a new band, which eventually led them to Chicago. Once there, famous country music entertainer Hank Snow changed Edd's name to Eddy Starr.

Edd later rejoined Carl Perkins, playing rhythm guitar in live performances on many of his records. Edd and Carl teamed up frequently with Johnny Cash, a rockabilly pioneer who ultimately was inducted into both the rock and roll and country music halls of fame. Edd's musical ability has been immortalized in the recordings of both Cash and Perkins.

Edd also performed over the years with other country music greats, including Porter Wagoner, Marty Robbins, Hank Snow, Ernest Tubb, Carl Smith, and George Jones.

During his years working as a DJ, Edd dedicated himself to raising money for many of his favorite charities, including the cancer society, heart association, and children with disabilities.

Mr. Cisco had endured a number of heart operations over the years. One of the operations damaged the nerves that control the vocal cords, paralyzing his voice and effectively ended his singing career. For the past eight years, he has been in the concessions business with his youngest daughter, Bev, at Huntingdon Flea Market and Reed's Auction sales

10/3/12, 6:50 PM   #25
hoosiers47404

Quote:
Originally Posted by karin View Post
hello to everyone. Tommy was my husband. We had a band together, and opened up for carl perkins. Tommy toured with such artists as david allen coe, waylon jennings, carl perkins, john connely, and johnny cash. He has a song on the adventures of johnny cash lp. Track 9. It's called sing a song.
Tommy was great friends with bob, steve and mahala kinser. He wrote a song on the flip side of king of the outlaws called most wanted outlaw. That song is about steve's dad, bob. Tommy never received any royalties from this song, it kind of bothered him until his death. I'm sorry to say tommy passed in may of 2010. I will try to post a video of tommy if i can. Thank you for the memories this brought back!
Do you remember Rusty Giles? He is my stepdad and he used to tell stories of playing with Tommy. He really liked Tommy. Rusty said they played with David Allen Coe.

Posted via Mobile Device

10/3/12, 7:34 PM   #26
lovindirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1jackhewittfan View Post
What's a 45?
Posted via Mobile Device
Well too todays kids its a pistol LOL. But this one would be a vinyl record.
My father would love this post. I grew up to all this. Mom used to sing on stages here and there, nothing super famous, but believe me she could hold her own in the day, and my dad grew up with men like Shady Stevens. He sang alot of good country.
This is really a great post in my eye's. Thanks
Last edited by lovindirt; 10/3/12 at 7:53 PM.

10/3/12, 7:59 PM   #27
TQ29m

Maybe now would be a good time for a picture, they say one is worth a thousand words!

1 member likes this post: Blackduce
10/3/12, 8:07 PM   #28
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Sure do remember Tommy,Great guy, he Carl Gilliland,Sam Cooper,and Larry "Cowboy" McDaniel all invested in the Union Jack establishment in Bloomington years ago.Sadly maybe Larry is the only one still with us and the UJ is now high rise apartments for IU students.
We always enjoyed listening to Tommy sing,did see Steve Kinser there a time or two.As for Rusty Giles, does he/did he work at GE in Bloomington?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/3/12, 10:46 PM   #29
hoosiers47404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Sure do remember Tommy,Great guy, he Carl Gilliland,Sam Cooper,and Larry "Cowboy" McDaniel all invested in the Union Jack establishment in Bloomington years ago.Sadly maybe Larry is the only one still with us and the UJ is now high rise apartments for IU students.
We always enjoyed listening to Tommy sing,did see Steve Kinser there a time or two.As for Rusty Giles, does he/did he work at GE in Bloomington?
Yes Rusty Giles still works at GE in Bloomington

Posted via Mobile Device

1/31/16, 12:13 PM   #30
Karin

This is Tommy Cisco
Attached Images
558829_10151962428404859_711063458_n.jpg (28.3 KB, 107 views)

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steve Kinser song