IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Birdsboro (Offline)
  #1 6/16/14 2:01 AM
Coming from PA and after the easrtern swing..... I am coming over from the dark side. Lol. Which weekend should I come out for? The first or the second? Side question.... which tracks have the better golf courses nearby and will I need to be at the track insanely early to get a good seat?? Thanks.
davidm (Offline)
  #2 6/16/14 8:52 AM
I don't think you can go wrong with either half. I do have to warn you though, you are in for a life changing experience.
2 Likes: cbell#1fan, racenut69
jim goerge (Offline)
  #3 6/16/14 9:06 AM
Honestly either week you;ll see great racing I don't know about golf courses in the first week cuz not from there but second week there are 4 courses in Evansville which is just down the road from Haubstadt where Tri State Speedway is
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #4 6/16/14 9:11 AM
Originally Posted by Birdsboro:
Coming from PA and after the easrtern swing..... I am coming over from the dark side. Lol. Which weekend should I come out for? The first or the second? Side question.... which tracks have the better golf courses nearby and will I need to be at the track insanely early to get a good seat?? Thanks.
Welcome to the dark side! If ya choose the Burg, we have plenty of great seats! As far as golf, the Dearborn Country Club is nice and open to the public and they have a nice place to eat called Woodys and they are also a track sponsor. Whatever week you choose you can't go wrong.....enjoy!
2 Likes: cmakin, racenut69
Birdsboro (Offline)
  #5 6/16/14 11:47 AM
Kinda looking like the first weekend..... wife just told me that the following one is "girls weekend at the shore"..... sooooo well at least i get 2 weekends of peace!!! lmao
3 Likes: nathans1012, speed bump, Tony74
cmakin (Offline)
  #6 6/16/14 11:50 AM
Come out for the first week and stay for the second. . . . .

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, Mud Packer
dubsak95 (Offline)
  #7 6/16/14 12:12 PM
I like the first one because the intensity is so high and the car counts tend to be alittle higher.

There are 4 courses in kokomo.
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #8 6/16/14 1:23 PM
My son and I are doing the first weekend of Gas City & Kokomo. The Jackslash videos from Kokomo look insanely good! On a related note, is Artie's Tenderloin in Kokomo worth a stop? Might do lunch there one day & try the Half Moon the other day. Never been there before & like to find the good local places to eat.
racenut69 (Offline)
  #9 6/16/14 3:31 PM
2 MUST-SEE Races: Kokomo(Never been there) and Haubstadt!!!...

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #10 6/16/14 4:36 PM
Originally Posted by cmakin:
Come out for the first week and stay for the second. . . . .
Then do what I do: plead ignorance.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
3 Likes: cmakin, jim goerge, racenut69