IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Baer Field Speedway Ft. Wayne closes
7/2/14, 6:40 PM   #1
Baer Field Speedway Ft. Wayne closes
cowboyhar69

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pb...ORTS/140709893

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
7/2/14, 7:40 PM   #2
badcoupe

Haven't been there since the mid 90's for some kart races but it's a shame to lose any track. Sounds like there are a group of "redneck" racers or something up there to cause such a rukus

7/2/14, 7:59 PM   #3
Racer12

Peel it up and cover it with dirt!

Bob

1 member likes this post: veteran68
7/2/14, 9:38 PM   #4
PIT CART

This is a prime example of how social media can kill a race track. Jon has put a ton of money and time in to this track only to get stabbed in the back by fans.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, randy j
7/2/14, 9:41 PM   #5
Re: Baer Field Speedway Ft. Wayne closes
STARS Racing

We need more collaboration and cooperation....... praise in public punish in private !

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk
7/2/14, 9:45 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Would be interesting to hear what the folks on social media are saying now. A void that won't be filled in the Fort Wayne area for a while. I could see this speedway being closed for good and the land being acquired by the airport, due to the close proximity. Sad day for sure.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: Nate, STARS Racing
7/2/14, 10:31 PM   #7
Nate

Only way I could see this track MAYBE staying alive would for them to throw dirt on it and something extreme happen like Gas City shut down, and even then I think with the continued improvements to Montpelier I dont see Baer Field surviving. It really is unfortunate though, it was just like any other local track, the promoter had cut prices as far as admission fees, concessions, etc...if nothing else was going on I would go out there to watch, was out there a few times this year and its not a dump like it use to be.

7/5/14, 12:18 PM   #8
short track scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Only way I could see this track MAYBE staying alive would for them to throw dirt on it......
I had heard Raney put out an offer to take any free dirt that could be available. My guess is he's not filling in the gator pit off the backchute (although that has needed to happen for years, and years).

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Baer Field Speedway Ft. Wayne closes