IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FloRacing reality shows
3/3/24, 6:28 AM   #1
Stephen Cording

I really enjoy the reality style shows on FloRacing.

Namely Crew Diary's. I personally think they are comedy gold and put the fun back in racing while showing a different perspective.

How I would love to see a USAC Crew Diary. Midget Week, Eastern Storm, Sprint Week, Four Crown, Smackdown. Are Just there begging to be done.

I'm sure the extra hassle for crews (or even a USAC official, following USAC's crew take on a tour / event) filming this would be rewarded with a fantastic show.

Another really enjoyable reality style short film well worth a view is Wrecker One. Stay with your cars kids.

Reminded me of the fantastic Follow The Corn docs.
So much so that I put it on after watching Wrecker One.

More of all the above please FloRacing.

It's so nice to watch a reality style show that is actually.....err reality
No trolls, no keyboard warriors, no internet experts, no internet haters
Just good old fashion FUN and light hearted stories that make me want to get to the race track !!

So if you've not watched Crew Diaries & Wrecker One give them a try, if you don't laugh you might want to book in to see a doctor as your probably dead.
Last edited by Stephen Cording; 3/3/24 at 6:31 AM.

3/3/24, 9:56 AM   #2
Stephen Cording

On a side note. Is Sean Buckley aka Jackslash still involved with racing?
I always enjoyed his work, own all three Follow The Corn DVD's. And was always hoping more were to follow.

As with the Loudpedal crew. Loved their Sprint Week montages, just wish they were 1, still being produced and 2, about 25 minutes longer.

3/3/24, 10:51 AM   #3
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Great points on the crew diaries. Randall Edwards and his drivers on the late model side are both entertaining and enlightening. Race fans love the behind the scenes looks at a traveling team. You're right....a crew diary for midget or sprint week would be fantastic. Now to get that done by FLO!

2 members like this post: interpreter66, Stephen Cording
3/3/24, 11:21 AM   #4
flagboy55

Stephan, Buckley is around. I’ve seen him show up from time to time. Most recently with the Jackslash Show that shows up on my Twitter timeline. You’re correct, he’s done outstanding work and a great guy to talk to. I’ll send him a message on the Twitter and see if he could jump on here and let us know what he’s up to

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Stephen Cording
3/3/24, 12:07 PM   #5
Stephen Cording

Flagboy55 That would be a really nice thing to do.
I came off Twitter a while back too toxic for my liking. I reluctantly keep Facebook just for Racing and music info really.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a social media platform that wasnt social programming / manipulation / harvesting and just a news feed for your interest. Back in the old days we had magazines you'd purchase filled with all matter of information on the magazine topic be that Rock Music or Classic Tractors and everything in-between.
Last edited by Stephen Cording; 3/3/24 at 12:08 PM.

3/4/24, 2:50 AM   #6
Re: FloRacing reality shows
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Cording View Post
Flagboy55 That would be a really nice thing to do.
I came off Twitter a while back too toxic for my liking. I reluctantly keep Facebook just for Racing and music info really.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a social media platform that wasnt social programming / manipulation / harvesting and just a news feed for your interest. Back in the old days we had magazines you'd purchase filled with all matter of information on the magazine topic be that Rock Music or Classic Tractors and everything in-between.
This site should be good enough for open wheel based info...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3/4/24, 6:45 AM   #7
Stephen Cording

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
This site should be good enough for open wheel based info...
If more Racers / teams / crews / girlfriends posted updates here on IOW that would be fantastic but it seems FB & X are their go to outlets. I guess it's quicker easier and more mainstream to update via social media.

I'd guess that for every 100 team updates I'd see on FB maybe 1 or 2 of the same would appear on IOW and even then it would be a link to a social media site.

Unfortunate but it's the world we now live in.
Last edited by Stephen Cording; 3/4/24 at 7:08 AM.

3/4/24, 11:20 PM   #8
flagboy55

Stephan, I threw it out there on Twitter and Buck “liked” my post. We’ll see if he shows up to give us the info on his endeavors these days

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, Stephen Cording
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FloRacing reality shows