IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo (IN) - 7/31 & 8/1 - WOO Late Models $25,000 to win
7/2/20, 6:46 PM   #1
Kokomo (IN) - 7/31 & 8/1 - WOO Late Models $25,000 to win
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Prairie Dirt Classic Postponed to 2021; Adds two day $25,000 to win WoO Show at Kokomo

The first ever $50,000 to win Prairie Dirt Classic, presented by the Bank of Pontiac, has been postponed until the summer of 2021 Fairbury Speedway officials announced today after ongoing meetings with the state and county officials. “It’s disappointing, no doubt. However I am very grateful for the support and guidance the Livingston County Health Department has played in allowing us to go back to racing the past couple of weeks,”says Matt Curl, owner and promoter of the Fairbury Speedway. “In the end, it’s the right decision for our community and the long term success and well-being of the Fairbury Speedway. I have no doubt in my mind that the 2021 PDC will be the biggest racing event in the history of FALS.” The Prairie Dirt Classic was anticipating a record crowd of over 8000 people in the facility in 2020.
Originally scheduled for July 31st & August 1st 2020, the Prairie Dirt Classic will continue its tradition in 2021 with all camping reservations and reserved tickets transferring over and good for the 2021 PDC weekend. All reservations are locked, and reserved ticket vouchers will be sent in the mail this fall to those who purchased tickets to date. Fairbury Speedway will be offering a refund to any reserved ticket or camping holder for the PDC. However if a refund is requested, they will not be allowed to purchase those tickets in the future; and the tickets will be opened back up to the general public for purchase in 2021. People requesting a refund for the Prairie Dirt Classic reservations need to send an email to falstickets@gmail.com. The last date to request a refund will be Sunday August 2nd 2020.
With the news that the Prairie Dirt Classic would be postponed in 2020, Curl will be announcing details on Tuesday July 7th of a two-day $25,000 to win event with the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series at the Kokomo Speedway in Kokomo, Indiana. Scheduled for July 31st & August 1st, Curl will be promoting this mega event at one of Indiana’s most prestigious venues. “I am extremely excited to have the opportunity to promote a race at Kokomo. The O’Connor family has been great to work with and the combination of our teams will make for an amazing weekend.” All the details including ticketing, camping and all race information will be released next week on the Fairbury Speedway and Kokomo Speedway websites.
Speedway officials are excited to announce the new and updated schedule posted on the Fairbury Speedway website at www.fairburyspeedway.com. Highlighted races coming to FALS in 2020 include the DIRTcar Summer Nationals presented by Rhino Ag on Saturday night July 11th. The $10,000 to win Late Model show will also include $2,000 to win DIRTcar Modifieds plus Sportsman. Reserved seating and camping will go back online this weekend for purchase.
September 5th will play host to the first ever Twin 10’s FALS Super Nationals presented by New Solutions Ag and Casey’s. The Mars series will sanction the $10,000 to win Late Model portion of the Super Nationals and the American Modified Series will sanction the 8th annual Modified Nationals paying $10,000 to win in 2020. Reserved tickets and camping from the May 9th Spring Showcase Mars race will be moved to Saturday September 5th. Tickets and camping will go back on sale for this event this weekend. Those people that had reservations for the original Casey’s Modified Nationals weekend will be getting a full refund in the mail this summer.
The annual FALS Frenzy will now be a Saturday only show on Saturday October 10th paying $15,000 to the winner of the Late Model feature. Presented by Edelman Electric Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling, the FALS Frenzy will also host $2,000 to win Modifieds, and $1,000 to win Pro-Crate Late Models. Reserved seating and camping for this event will open back up and be available for purchase this weekend.
Fairbury Speedway in conjunction with the Livingston County Health Department have worked diligently to make the speedway as safe as possible following the CDC & IDPH guidelines. Attendance limits have been put into place for future events; however with the amount of seating at the speedway, we don’t anticipate hitting those limits for any of the remaining races in 2020.
Fairbury Speedway will return to action this weekend, July 4th, for a regular FALS Cup night of racing including a full fireworks show for the fans. Thank you to all the fans, drivers, sponsors, and crew for all their support during what has been an unparalleled summer. We are excited for what the future holds at FALS!
Last edited by nathans1012; 7/2/20 at 6:47 PM.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, racenut69
7/3/20, 8:37 AM   #2
Re: Kokomo (IN) - 7/31 & 8/1 - WOO Late Models $25,000 to wi
nathans1012

Full race information coming July 7th

World Of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series $25,000 to win
Summit Modified Nationals $5,000

2 members like this post: PIT CART, racenut69
7/7/20, 2:39 PM   #3
PIT CART

Today is July 7th Any more details, reserved camping and seating?

7/7/20, 2:43 PM   #4
nathans1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Today is July 7th Any more details, reserved camping and seating?
Keep an eye on the Fairbury American Legion Speedway Facebook page through out the evening which is what I am doing.
Last edited by nathans1012; 7/7/20 at 2:45 PM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
7/8/20, 1:42 PM   #5
nathans1012

Just posted on the Fairbury Facebook page.

Quick Update, We are all working hard trying to finalize the details on the race at Kokomo. We will be releasing all weekend information as we get everything finalized. We apologize for the delay and plan to have everything ready to post on Thursday. #worththewait

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo (IN) - 7/31 & 8/1 - WOO Late Models $25,000 to win