IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Racing at Twin Cities March 19th
3/12/11, 9:55 PM   #1
No Racing at Twin Cities March 19th
treecitytornado

I just got the official text on my phone. No practice at TCRP Wed. March 16th and No Racing on Sat. March 19th. Get ready for April 1st and 2nd.
Posted via Mobile Device

3/12/11, 10:43 PM   #2
Re: No Racing at Twin Cities March 19th
cshuman

Wow, 7 days early, with sun and mid 60's forcast thursday through saturday. Not life or death if we dont race, but probably would have been a good turn out.....

We hot lapped there 3 hours later, would have never believed it would happen ha

Attached Images
download (1).jpg (6.4 KB, 424 views)
download.jpg (5.9 KB, 382 views)
Last edited by cshuman; 3/12/11 at 10:51 PM.

4 members like this post: IndyBound, Kinser5K, rdzsprint, SprintManDave
3/13/11, 12:42 AM   #3
MEAT

This is sad. Great forecast ahead. I call lack of effort and bullcrap.
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: rdzsprint, RJ481, SprintManDave
3/13/11, 1:43 AM   #4
ThrottleHead

Well folks there has been some bad flooding in the area this past week. Look at the location on Google Earth.... a creek is beside the place and a decent flood would have it under water. Cut them some slack....

3 members like this post: IndyBound, Ricks Pics, SPRINTCAR
3/14/11, 2:53 PM   #5
1021gpa

just more of mason fleetwoods bs i wish someone would take that track over who doesnt want to run just hornets and mini stocks and actually wants to promote a track and hold races

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
3/14/11, 6:44 PM   #6
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1021gpa View Post
just more of mason fleetwoods bs i wish someone would take that track over who doesnt want to run just hornets and mini stocks and actually wants to promote a track and hold races
I'll just bet Mason would appreciate your help,and advice, why don't you just trot over there, and show him how you'd do it, right Mason, course any monitary help would be appreciated also, and you could also be of great help, keeping mother nature calm. His phone number is on the webite. Show us how much you care! Bob

2 members like this post: racephoto1, SPRINTCAR
3/14/11, 8:00 PM   #7
racephoto1

It's easy to complain about someone , until you walk a mile in their shoes.

People always complain about a promoter or tarck owner. But remember , they are the ones who take the risk. Their money , their time.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Ricks Pics
3/14/11, 8:41 PM   #8
MEAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead View Post
Well folks there has been some bad flooding in the area this past week. Look at the location on Google Earth.... a creek is beside the place and a decent flood would have it under water. Cut them some slack....
Don,

With all due respect, it would take a TON of rain to have the river come up into the pits and racetrack. It would have to be 30 or more feet above floodstage. The Muscatatuck River runs swift, and does not stay up for long.

I am not the Mason Fleetwood, and I don't know his situation. However, I do not live far from the track, and have not seen much activity that direction (i try to drive by daily on lunch break when its close to a sprint car race). I would attribute this to the equipment setting out all winter, and as I said before a lack of effort. Unless it has rained, the track is rarely tacky. Last year during Sprint Week there had been a ton of rain and it had a curb and was hooked up, but the other shows were dry slick early. I have never seen a bad sprint car race at TCRP, no matter the conditions, EVER. I commend the Fleetwoods for supporting sprint car racing in late model land, but I wish they would have given it a try. The forecast looks way to good for the week ahead.

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
3/15/11, 12:14 AM   #9
lovindirt

WOW! Bob what a response, I will probably be ditching for some poor old farmer, HA HA at almost 7 $ corn. I'll see if I can come down and ditch for Fleetwood maybe my boss will donate the tile ....NOT if you know my boss. Just messing with you all. Good luck Mason. Hope to see the track soon, if I get my honey do list completed. Jeff

3/15/11, 10:43 AM   #10
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindirt View Post
WOW! Bob what a response, I will probably be ditching for some poor old farmer, HA HA at almost 7 $ corn. I'll see if I can come down and ditch for Fleetwood maybe my boss will donate the tile ....NOT if you know my boss. Just messing with you all. Good luck Mason. Hope to see the track soon, if I get my honey do list completed. Jeff
Wait till your next round of breakfast cereal! Yes, the old Muskatuck does get up, no doubt about it, it does it's most damage to the pits, plus what water rushes from somewhere, down thru the pits, and into the river, that's the killer part, then last year, they had a downspout that no one else had, damn near washed out turn 1, and was all summer trying to get the clay to stay in there. I'd rather watch sprints run there, as about anywhere, there really isn't a bad seat in the place. Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Racing at Twin Cities March 19th