IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Slver Crown Rules
1/25/11, 12:29 PM   #1
Slver Crown Rules
KPotter

This is probably a dumb question but, where can I find the rules covering USAC Silver Crown cars ? I looked all over USACracing.com but found nothing.

1/25/11, 1:45 PM   #2
Re: Slver Crown Rules
are39

The rules are in the Owner's Garage area.....bottom right of any of the open-wheel series screens (SC, Sprint, Midget). Better yet....here's a link: http://www.usacracing.com/silvercrown_index/garage_sc The 2011 rules haven't been posted yet, but the 2010 Rulebook is still there.

1/25/11, 2:06 PM   #3
PAW

Hope they do away with the 51-49B.S.

1/25/11, 3:44 PM   #4
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
Agreed, also lets drop the Mods. I hate being screwed out of the hooligan so they can run Mods. Hells bells it is a Silver Crown race and I want to see the whole show, not part of it.

At the Hoosier 100 they had 36 cars and did not run the hooligan to deterime starting positions from 21 on up. If after the hooligan they wanted to start all 36 cars, fine. Where do the Mods fit in this picture?

3 members like this post: buck2, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan
1/25/11, 7:29 PM   #5
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
Where do the Mods fit in this picture?
At the Cash Register!

steiny

3/11/11, 12:52 AM   #6
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAW View Post
Does anyone know for sure if they are done screwing around with this and putting it back like the traditional, strategic, champ car races they should be? Hell they may as well run heat races and a semi !
I know many that have told me they won't go to see the twin 50 's.
I agree, I'll go to local tracks elsewhere for sprints & midgets.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
3/11/11, 1:48 AM   #7
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I agree. i'd prefer the traditional non-stop 100miles, but only if they could prepare the tracks properly. Let's face it, the races in recent years have been just plain boring.
Atleast this new format adds a little more excitement and actually adds even more strategy. The mods hopefully help widen the groove and provide some extra racing. With only
a little over 30 cars, after a few drop out in the hooligan they're not racing for a transfer spot anyway. Not going will help ensure the death of silvercrown racing on the miles so if
that's your objective and you'd rather go to the same 1/4 mile you go to every week all season, then thanks a lot for helping to kill a form of racing I love. That being said, the best
thing USAC could do to make the racing better is to prep the tracks more like they use to. DuQuoin could always have a cushion and they would start to pack the place again. But
USAC won't listen to a guy like me, believe me I've tried in the drivers' meeting and they just laughed. But I'll keep going because I don't think there is too many people standing in line
behind Sargent to promote those races. If you want to help kill it stay home. I'll be at the Hoosier Hundred in May!

3/11/11, 1:59 AM   #8
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
I'll be at the Hoosier Hundred in May!
With a car?

3/11/11, 11:41 AM   #9
ISF

I've got mixed feelings on the red flag at 50 miles. It really didn't help much at Indy since Shane had everybody covered but at Du Quoin I think it made a fairly exciting show out of what might have been a snoozer. That having been said the 50-50 deal is not how these races were intended to be run and passing or no passing I enjoyed the driver strategy of the true hundred milers.

I too feel that the mods don't belong with the Silver Crown shows but as long as Sarge is in charge we're going to have to endure them. I have been going to Sargent promoted shows for a long time and he runs every class he can get away with. I think ol' Sarge would run the mods and street stocks as support classes at the World 100 if he was the promoter. As someone else eluded to there aren't many promoters, if any, looking to keep the Mile Silver Crown races/Silver Crown division alive and if I have to endure the mods and the 50-50 deal to ensure my beloved Silver Crown cars keep racing on my beloved Mile Dirt Tracks then so be it. Just be glad he runs the mods instead of the sportsman cars, or whatever they are, like he does at Springfield before the ARCA race there! For me those things are a nice long intermission for me to go get some Fair food. Geesh!

3/11/11, 1:44 PM   #10
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
I agree. i'd prefer the traditional non-stop 100miles, but only if they could prepare the tracks properly. Let's face it, the races in recent years have been just plain boring.
Atleast this new format adds a little more excitement and actually adds even more strategy. The mods hopefully help widen the groove and provide some extra racing. With only
a little over 30 cars, after a few drop out in the hooligan they're not racing for a transfer spot anyway. Not going will help ensure the death of silvercrown racing on the miles so if
that's your objective and you'd rather go to the same 1/4 mile you go to every week all season, then thanks a lot for helping to kill a form of racing I love. That being said, the best
thing USAC could do to make the racing better is to prep the tracks more like they use to. DuQuoin could always have a cushion and they would start to pack the place again. But
USAC won't listen to a guy like me, believe me I've tried in the drivers' meeting and they just laughed. But I'll keep going because I don't think there is too many people standing in line
behind Sargent to promote those races. If you want to help kill it stay home. I'll be at the Hoosier Hundred in May!
Ummmmmm............ So You........ don't agree then?
I don't appreciate someone accusing me of being a murderer.
Don't blame the killing on me or others.
I'm not the one that decided to change or allow changes to the format.
Last time I checked, this is still America (not China yet) and I am free to chose, as well as you are entitled to your opinion.
And if they continue, and it dies USAC should look in the mirror.
Perhaps they should ask or survey the USAC members, teams and fans what they think?
Wouldn't that be a great marketing tool? Or the truth is they don't really care.

Hey! Let's stop the Indy 500 at 250 too and see how many fans we lose? How insane is that? don't bother answering.

I see this 50-50 crap, as way to let USAC's new, young gun, Mommy &/or Daddy are rich (ride buying)
Favorites in the winners circle and keep the tried tested and true veterans & teams
(Gamester, Steele, Darland, White, Filip, Tyler, Hines & Cottle) of this series, off of the Podium.

The whole point
of this traditional Silver Crown (CHAMP CAR) racing is all the overall race strategy including, fuel, set-up, tire saving &
adjustments to the car but then you know all that. Look at the rich history of the series and the drivers that participated in it. (Andretti, Foyt, Parsons, Carter, Bryan, Hewitt, Butler, Gurney, Sills, Parnelli Jones and Rodger Ward & etc.)
I have always thought, as in the past, the drivers in the Indy cars should be participants and that this is where the majority of them should come from. I believe that is gone forever.
Only can you imagine, if that were so?
I can see the stands packed to the brim with fans, wishing to see that Indy car drivers skills performed on the dirt. I believe today, that the foreign majority of them would fail or not even attempt it. Can you imagine the draw? WOW! What a marketing concept!
Never gonna happen.

I have no problem with the Mods, Trucks or a supporting series. I believe this helps the draw as well as the pit reciepts.
As long as it's understood that, if a support series appears to be causing injury to the surface and the track appears to be going away to make sure that the USAC show has the Priority over all. I believe this is a practice that should be among the agreements of any racing venue holding a USAC race.
As with any racing venue there needs to be very little down time as possible. The majority of successfull tracks know and operate this way. You only have so much time for the show, especially when held during a Fair operation. The Fair board wants that show put on and the fans out on the midway as soon as they can finish, to hopefully spend money. This is fact.
I know, my Dad was deeply involved in Fair Management for many years.

We can agree to disagree but I think your missing my point.

Maybe someone needs to revive the The Premier Racing Association (PRA) again?
After all, they had the biggest influence on saving this series in USAC but now, have they lost their way?

BTW,
I didn't and don't come on here to get jumped on just looking for an answer to my question. Which I didn't get from you, did I?

Some of you know me, most of you don't.

The ones that do, know how much this sport of ours means to me.
After all, we all love and support racing.
So aren't we all in this together?

Last year I exposed my great niece and nephew to the racing at Lawrenceburg, Danville, Macon & LPS.
Now they are hooked and ask me all the time, when we can go next!

Oh, and don't bother to respond to me either.
Let's just leave it at that.
Have a nice day
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Slver Crown Rules