IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Elliott Classic
10/8/18, 3:46 PM   #1
Tony Elliott Classic
PJ Wright

I know this thread won't get many views or comments but I've got to give a salute to Anderson Speedway and the racers that turned out for this event. I think 22 asphalt non-winged sprint cars is an excellent turn out considering where this type of racing (with the exception of The Little 500) was just a couple of years ago.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

10/8/18, 4:16 PM   #2
Re: Tony Elliott Classic
duel

It was a great night of racing. They ended up having 27 or 28 sprints and 11 kenyon midgets. A last chance semi that took 4 cars for a 22 car event. Top 18 in quals locked in. 125 lap feature. Tyler Roahrig won the event.

10/8/18, 5:19 PM   #3
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

yes, 28 sprint cars on hand! Program was held up a while for a couple brief showers. Kody Swanson was quick time, but started eighth after the invert, and was the class of the field after passing the early leader Jason Fuller about lap 31. He was taken out trying to pass McCune on the outside in turn 2 and was done for the evening. Tyler Roarhrig wins, followed by Caleb Armstrong, Jerry Coons, Eric Gordon, and Jimmy McCune! Pretty good field of cars!

10/8/18, 5:37 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

One of my industry sources said that this race is to be 250 laps next year. Can't tell you who it is out of confidentiality, but they have no reason to lie to me.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

5 members like this post: duel, interpreter66, mc/rider, OnTheHammer, PJ Wright
10/8/18, 6:34 PM   #5
Kydehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
One of my industry sources said that this race is to be 250 laps next year. Can't tell you who it is out of confidentiality, but they have no reason to lie to me.

Anyone else hear anything about this?
Can confirm. 250 laps next year. No pit stops in the x, or anything like little 500. Probably just a planned open red or something along those lines. Announced at the drivers meeting. It was a good show for sure. Glad I went.

10/8/18, 8:43 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

If they count yellow laps, Should need no red or pit stops. It will be a tire wear war. At the little 500 Kody was close to 300 laps on his tires when he finally spun

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Elliott Classic