IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Prayers For Carson
6/11/23, 12:18 AM   #1
Prayers For Carson
DirtTrackTherapy16J

I don't know if this is allowed or not, if it's not then an administrator can remove it and ban me if they feel its necessary.

Carson Macedo's crash at Knoxville tonight was horrible. I pray for Carson, his family, team, officials, and everyone involved. Thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

Sweet, Bayston, & Gio showed how professional they are in trying to help get Carson out of the inferno. Way to represent racing in such a professional manor gentlemen.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Puppy
6/11/23, 12:50 AM   #2
Re: Prayers For Carson
openwheelfan1

Knoxville Raceway has posted that Carson was able to walk to the ambulance WITH ASSISTANCE but was being transported for further evaluation.

6/11/23, 8:34 AM   #3
Sprintfanatic

The latest report that I saw was that Carson Macedo has been released from the hospital.

6/11/23, 9:25 AM   #4
motorhead748

I rode out from Cincinnati. I went to fridays show and planned on Saturday but the forecast looked like rain so I left Saturday at noon so I didn’t see his crash.
Did the fire suppression system not work?
I saw that he was released this morning so that’s great.

6/11/23, 9:40 AM   #5
hoosier race fan

If you watch the crash, there appears to be a fire suppression bottle that is thrown from the car as it flipped. You can see it going off on the ground behind the car as the fire ignited.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
6/11/23, 10:39 AM   #6
Jerry Shaw

I saw a post from Jason Johnson Racing saying "...he was released and did walk out of the hospital early this morning." So, it looks like the Nomex must have done it's job.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 6/11/23 at 10:52 AM.

6/11/23, 12:23 PM   #7
flagboy55

Burn on his neck, bruises and a fractured rib. He tweeted a little while ago with thanks and said time to strap back in and go fast again

6/11/23, 1:02 PM   #8
PIT CART

Glad Carson is okay, but this new on board fire system is not the answer in this situation. Thankfully Knoxville has a great safety crew.

6/11/23, 1:45 PM   #9
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Glad Carson is okay, but this new on board fire system is not the answer in this situation. Thankfully Knoxville has a great safety crew.
PIT CART,

You're spot on. If not for the Knoxville safety team, this could have been a major disaster. Look how quickly and how many safety workers responded to the accident. How many other tracks could do what these responders did? This should be a wakeup call for all tracks. Study this video and learn! Thank you Knoxville team and the fellow drivers that responded.

6/11/23, 4:28 PM   #10
dsc1600

Even with the great Knoxville safety crew, there seems to have been issues getting him out of the car. No one seemed to have anything to cut the belts with. Hopefully that is something they improve upon. This year has been awful with accidents that could have had a lot worse outcomes than they did.

2 members like this post: cornerthree, ginblueearth
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Prayers For Carson