IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mike’s Elephant
9/3/21, 11:22 AM   #21
Re: Mike’s Elephant
otgracing17

We were going to run Putnamville earlier this year and it rained out when we were half way there. No time to go anywhere else so we ordered a pizza, picked it up on the way home, and ended up watching 7-8 different sprint car races from all over the country. It really opens a big window of opportunity to gain exposure to places out of your region. Sure there are some slight downfalls but I would say the benefits outweigh them. It would be interesting to see the data of who and where they are from is at a race track that streams on any given night. Obviously, you get a lot of people from out of town at big shows but the smaller shows would show the possible difference. Someone should try to build a survey that gets you a free drink or something at a racetrack to show how you heard about the place I bet the numbers would be eye opening. I also think over the last year or so Covid has helped racing in some ways. The big way is it became the single source of entertainment for a period of time in 2020. The crowds and some select races were by far noticeably larger than in previous years.

9/3/21, 1:41 PM   #22
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois View Post
I think FLO is good for the people who don't have the time to travel to races very far from them. Watching races on FLO is not as good as being there. I do think the local race tracks with good races are gaining people. What I do see on FLO is poorly ran shows by the promoters.
As it is now NASCAR races are boring and most sprint car racing is not which has opened the NASCAR watchers eyes and helped fill the seats at the local tracks.
That would be me... 4-5 hours from the nearest GOOD sprint car racing, so its very useful. The other thing for me is taking care of 98 yr. old Mom. I was gone for 2 weeks the summer before COVID & she fell & broke her arm, so now I'm afraid to leave as often or as long. I've been to 6 races this summer, hope to go to a LOT more once that responsibility is over. Live is MUCH better!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, luckybuc97, racefan20
9/3/21, 2:05 PM   #23
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerthree View Post
I have Floracing and go to, the same amoiunt as before. I only watch races I can't get to. I still think it hurts attendance cheap people will stay home. I know after watching there are more tracks I won't go to. Poorly run programs that take to long. I see people on facebook saying they are having watch parties for big shows. If they have 6 people at one that's a lot of lost income for a track.
Totally agree about poorly run programs. However, on the flip side of the coin, I have seen a couple of tracks which I now want to attend because of what I saw on Flo. I wonder if it might just even out. Hopefully, (the eternal optimist in me says) a poorly run program might even see how it looks and try to improve. Just my opinion, I might be wrong.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, PIT CART
9/3/21, 2:57 PM   #24
DaleDuBois

I go to the local tracks on Fridays and Saturdays but watching or FLO is fine for the rest of the week. As the local tracks will start shutting down for the season FLO will be showing races I can watch for the rest of the year. I watched FLO last night (Thursday) with mods and late models at Farmer City both were good races.

9/3/21, 3:02 PM   #25
Gene Franckowiak

Well, I am a car owner and also am involved with a few other teams and would say that I attend less races because of FLO and Ditvision. I enjoy the part where I save a few hours driving time, gas and tolls, not having to wash my car in the morning and getting to bed at 1:30 a.m.......I do go once in a while to stay in touch with my friends.....but when the checkered flag drops.....click and I'm home, clean, and ready for bed...........as a bonus, I am 10 steps from a clean restroom.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
9/3/21, 5:37 PM   #26
TQ29m

Maybe we cheap people would go, if in our advanced years it was easier to access the race track, I once did it with the aid of a small 4 wheeler, but that's become a problem also.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mike’s Elephant