IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lack of respect by the Stars of USAC.
7/26/21, 6:19 PM   #51
Re: Lack of respect by the Stars of USAC.
DaleDuBois

What we come to see at the tracks is the drivers taking chances, if the drivers quit taking chances sprint car racing would end up like NASCAR (boring).

7/26/21, 7:33 PM   #52
cornerthree

Or I like this one If Jack came towards your trailer prepare to defend yourself he isn't there to talk

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
7/26/21, 8:44 PM   #53
Static

Guess we need to punish all the drivers since newbies can cause accidents too! Lol.
Racing is racing I’m glad USAC lets them race!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, ROSS, tirespinner
7/26/21, 9:20 PM   #54
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Well that last heat blew up two of my post. LOL.

Rodgers was the heel and Thomas complained.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/27/21 at 3:37 AM.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, RockinRy
7/27/21, 10:14 AM   #55
jim goerge

The BIG BOYS can feed a smaller team a wheel and not worry bout tearing up a car cuz all they have to do is unload a backup car while smaller team could be done for the year or maybe for good.. Seems to me they all are driveing like Sammy , Why work on the guy to pass when I can just knock him out of my way.

7/27/21, 12:49 PM   #56
Charles Nungester

Didn't matter to him if it was a push truck he punted..........

Only driver I don't like in some way. But still a heck of a setup guy, he new what he needed and how to do it to go fast. The rest was mass success at the expense of others. Steve would just flat wear em out and beat em, Wolf out thought and beat em. Sammy. Slammin wasn't only a nickname
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/27/21 at 12:52 PM.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
7/27/21, 1:04 PM   #57
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rock21 View Post
Jadon should get away from usac.
Isaac did. Not judging USAC, the situations described, or this thread that is blowing up and putting butts in the seats the next 4 rounds. Seems to answer that IOW perennial question of why teams run for less money in Indiana when a big money USAC show is down on car count. Take home some cash or take home a pile of junked sprint car or worse, a hospital bill. We all have freedom of choice. Run with the big dogs or stay on the porch. Karma will take care of the rest over time.

2 members like this post: okie, Pitdad
7/27/21, 1:11 PM   #58
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
Yes, he was sat down, but not for on track conduct.
For saying what everyone else, was afraid to say, but when the baby complain to USAC. He was tossed.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, kinser, streetglider
7/27/21, 2:18 PM   #59
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
Isaac did. Not judging USAC, the situations described, or this thread that is blowing up and putting butts in the seats the next 4 rounds. Seems to answer that IOW perennial question of why teams run for less money in Indiana when a big money USAC show is down on car count. Take home some cash or take home a pile of junked sprint car or worse, a hospital bill. We all have freedom of choice. Run with the big dogs or stay on the porch. Karma will take care of the rest over time.
Not like a bunch of stuff ain't getting junked in Issac's group either and I am blaming nobody and nothing. Seen a couple wadded up bad at Waynesfield and last weekend a few got tore up.

Usacs got guys from all over who want to be the best and several are capable of it. I think if your racing hard and it's not intentional *Sh..T happens* And that's that. I know several other drivers that can race with USAC but do so only on their turf and some choose a different path. Some for losing the least money the slowest and others to make money the fastest.

Thankful for the ones we have.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/27/21 at 2:30 PM.

1 member likes this post: cj02
7/30/21, 1:11 PM   #60
revjimk

This has been one of the most interesting discussions since I've been following IOW
Most people here have been following sprint cars longer than me (11 years) & I've always wondered about "racing etiquette". Seems like the guys who win a lot are often pretty aggressive, kinda like "playing chicken", both guys want the same line & the aggressive guy takes it...
Can't read their minds, can't tell if they're intentionally trying to wreck somebody, but if somebody swings into another guy's line, that would be a "foul".... what to do about it?
Beats me

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lack of respect by the Stars of USAC.