IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Car Help Needed
2/4/10, 11:26 AM   #1
Sprint Car Help Needed
cfdrescue1

All,

I'm teaching a motorsports safety operations class for Haubstadt Volunteer Fire Department (provides fire coverage at Tri-State Speedway) on February 27th. I'm looking for a sprint car driver who's willing to bring his/her car to Haubstadt for a couple hours on that date. Maybe talk about the components of their car, show us what the completed driver's area looks like, and some of the hazards there. Then, using the driver himself, (or another replacement), practice assisting the driver out of the car (using backboards, immobilization, etc.)

Anyone who's available for 3-4 hours in the afternoon on Sat. Feb 27th, and can be in Haubstadt (exact location yet to be determined), please contact me..

I've tried contacting a couple drivers in the Haubstadt/Evansville area and have not had much luck. They are either headed to Florida, or don't have their cars together. Car doesn't have to be complete for our needs. It can be a rolling chassis, as long as the driver's area is complete.

Thanks

Jake Luker
Chief, Chandler Volunteer Fire Department
Chandler Motor Speedway Safety Crew
O'Reilly Raceway Park Safety Crew

2/4/10, 11:49 AM   #2
Re: Sprint Car Help Needed

If I was in Indiana, I would offer my car to do it.

Thanks for taking the initiative to keep everyone well trained and up to date. It is very appreciated!

2/6/10, 2:00 PM   #3
cfdrescue1

Back to the top... I've had some offers from some folks several hours away, but hate to make them haul very far if I can help it...

2/8/10, 12:34 PM   #4
jaybird

I help with the 3c,kyle may not be back from california by then but mark and I would be glad to help out anything that will promote safety and training is a great idea wish more tracks would insist on it!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Car Help Needed