IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Illinois Motorsports Coalition. Wish Indiana had a plan like
5/16/20, 12:53 AM   #11
Re: Illinois Motorsports Coalition. Wish Indiana had a plan
kdobson

[REPLYING TO DAN NELSON]

First - I'm not cancelling my POWRi event or anyone else's by way of this post. We've only been cancelling things after an order covers the period in question. Until then, anything can change. Our current Executive Order in Illinois runs through the 29th of May. Although the Governor has a "Restore Illinois" plan that goes all the way out until we have a cure/treatment/world peace, it technically isn't yet the law or an order or anything with substance, it's just a plan. Plans can and do change. Especially when they become increasingly unpopular, are losing support, events change, or someone is limping to find a finish line to declare some kind of victory.

With that said, the current "plan" as we are told to expect in June would prohibit any crowds or attendance in our grandstands through most of June and arguably until that world peace threshold. Our hope is that if the currently announced plan were to change we could start the Motorsports Industry's "Race To Recovery" (<<< I just came up with that and kind of like it ) with 20% capacity in June.

I have 4000 board feet in my grandstands. Bleachers get sold based on an 18 inch butt and my fire marshal was recently generous enough to figure my capacity that way. -roughly 2600 rear ends in my main grandstand. Mind you that I could never come close to selling 2600 18 inch seats without 800 people standing not able to find a row with enough skinny people to find a seat. So I limit my ticket sales for "Sold Out" events at about 1,600 with an extra 50-100 in my pocket for angry people I told I'd hold a ticket for but forgot or 2nd/3rd cousins that tend to show up and introduce themselves at those events.

2600 x .20 = 520 tickets we could rightfully sell in our little place - and you have to figure ours is probably the smallest grandstand in Illinois that can hold this type of event. With a better than average pit and a $20 ticket I would still be short a fair amount - especially if selling food/beer was impacted. But personally I'd do it based on those numbers. I'd debate myself all week on whether to do a $25 ticket to give it a better chance, but pretty confident I'd end up at $20. At those numbers it can be done if you view it as an investment in getting your doors back open. But I wouldn't blame others if they didn't.

Other venues during that week have quite a few more mathematical seats than we do and probably would green light the show even at 20%. If they did, I'd follow suit.

Now... don't ask me as I sit here whether I think our timeline in Illinois is realistically going to make any of the above possible... but if we are talking only about what could happen as a hypothetical, all of the above could... and in my opinion should.
Last edited by kdobson; 5/16/20 at 8:18 AM.

5/16/20, 6:45 AM   #12
Bad Dad 54

Sent this to my state rep in Lansing, people need to contact their reps about problems not solved, whining crying on forums & FB don't get anything done

1 member likes this post: rick42
5/16/20, 7:01 AM   #13
bullring

Nice proposal. Looks like a lot of work went into it. Sadly Porkster will toss it in the garbage.

6 members like this post: duel, ISF, luckybuc97, nathans1012, racenut69, skids59
5/24/20, 7:55 PM   #14
Crankin

Did they get any sort of response? Thanks

5/25/20, 9:57 AM   #15
Eric Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad 54 View Post
Sent this to my state rep in Lansing, people need to contact their reps about problems not solved, whining crying on forums & FB don't get anything done
Yeah. Although Pevely is unlike anything I've ever seen in your state, it's not real practical to keep driving there all the time for racing from your state. More than Merritt needs to be open.

5/25/20, 1:30 PM   #16
sw1911

Is Tri City supporting the IL Motorsports Coalition? Its name was glaringly absent from IMC's list of IL tracks.

5/25/20, 1:38 PM   #17
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
Is Tri City supporting the IL Motorsports Coalition? Its name was glaringly absent from IMC's list of IL tracks.
Yes they are. The are racing on Friday, May 29th. $5,000 to win Late Models & $1,500 to win Modifieds. Madision County where the track is located has decided to open and not enforce Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzkers orders.

2 members like this post: skids59, Sprint63122
5/25/20, 2:54 PM   #18
Sprint63122

Just posted the drag strip at gateway is opening up this Friday also.

5/26/20, 4:25 PM   #19
mscs20

Charleston Speedway is racing Sat night. No sprints yet however.

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
5/27/20, 5:46 PM   #20
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

[QUOTE=nathans1012;528501]Yes they are. The are racing on Friday, May 29th. $5,000 to win Late Models & $1,500 to win Modifieds. Madision County where the track is located has decided to open and not enforce Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzkers orders.[/No spectators... participants only

From Facebook:
MAY 29TH EVENT UPDATE FOR GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET HOLDERS!!!!! - FULL REFUND!!!!

EVENT IS NOW PARTICIPANT ONLY-SPECTATORS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO GRANDSTANDS RACERS MUST PRE-ENTER

Per the Restore Illinois Reopening Guidelines, as it pertains to outdoor entertainment, participant- only (non-spectator) events may be held as part of Phase III which goes into effect on Friday, May 29, 2020. This applies to customer-facing establishments primarily engaged in providing outdoor recreation and amusement services. The rules established for conducting participant-only motorsports events will be followed for the Friday’s event May 29th, 2020

Racefans we do apologize for receiving the news of NO SPECTATORS released by the Outdoor Recreation Guidelines in the state of Illinois. All ticket holders will receive a FULL REFUND from My RacePass. If you would like to attend the event, you may reach out to a driver who is registered and be added to their list of 9 pit passes they are allowed. If you have questions about purchasing a pit pass please text Tammy at 636-448-9111 or email to tricityspeedway@msn.com (subject – Ticket Refund)

Racer $50 Pre-Registration Fee due by Wednesday, May 27th at 1:00p.m. (Reimbursed day of event) (Driver’s Paypal tgundaker@yahoo.com – include Driver’s Full Name/Class/Car#/Hometown). Text Tammy with any questions 636-448-9111. Driver’s if you don’t have PayPal text Tammy.

Crew List – Driver’s are allowed 9 crew members per car (Total of 10). Race Team Crew list is due Wednesday, May 27th by 5:00pm. Email crew list to tricityspeedway@msn.com include Driver’s name First, the Class they are competing in, and then your 9 crew members first and last name. (Kids are included on the crew list – MUST mark child next to name)

Driver’s – NO Entry Fee, $50 Tow Money to all Driver’s not making the A-Main

Pit Passes Adult $35 – Kids Pit Pass (ages 12 & under) $15
Seating for Driver’s & Crews – Grandstands will be blocked off for crew seating by Social Distancing Guidelines. NO more than 10 people in a group. If more than 10, you will be asked to separate to comply with Illinois State Regulations. Infield will be marked off with Social Distancing Guidelines for crews to watch during Heat Races/B-Mains/Features (10 PEOPLE ONLY PER GROUP).

If you have questions, please email Tammy Gundaker at tricityspeedway@msn.com or text Tammy at 636-448-9111.
Like Quote Reply Report

3 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Illinois Motorsports Coalition. Wish Indiana had a plan like