IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairgrounds tonight?
5/27/11, 3:50 PM   #11
Re: Fairgrounds tonight?
petey

Even though it was a Toyota powered car, the best tire won at DuQuoin last year, American Racer. Swanson went all 100 laps on his right rear.

5/27/11, 4:24 PM   #12
Seadog

I think the gates are 5:00, same time as hot laps. But I could be wrong.

I thought I read no tire change at the lap 51 break. But again, I could be wrong.

5/27/11, 4:36 PM   #13
Dyno Don

I am done with The Hoosier 100 and lots of other tracks. They have ruined the tradition that has been there since the 50's. I am sorry Mods and a split race is not what I want to see. Too long too boring.

Please read Doug Aulds column in Sprint & Midget magazine, it is no fun anymore. This will be the first Hoosier 100 I have missed (rain excluded)since 1983. It is no fun anymore.

Tracks having way to many classes and shows running to long is no fun.

I have been chasing racing for 40 years, but with all the me first mentality of the promoters, it is no fun.

8 members like this post: brian26, GregD, Jimmydiesel, Modocer 57, SUPERDUKE, team3521, Xflagman
5/27/11, 4:36 PM   #14
team3521

Per USAC:

Must start race on Right Rear tire used to qualify with. You may change 1 (one) tire during mandatory stop, with following stipulations. Change RR tire go to tail no penalty, If you change any other tire you retain position no penalty. 1(one) tire change only your choice.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
5/27/11, 4:51 PM   #15
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
I am done with The Hoosier 100 and lots of other tracks. They have ruined the tradition that has been there since the 50's. I am sorry Mods and a split race is not what I want to see. Too long too boring.

Please read Doug Aulds column in Sprint & Midget magazine, it is no fun anymore. This will be the first Hoosier 100 I have missed (rain excluded)since 1983. It is no fun anymore.

Tracks having way to many classes and shows running to long is no fun.

I have been chasing racing for 40 years, but with all the me first mentality of the promoters, it is no fun.
On my way to the fairgrounds!!! Glad the race still exists and I'm glad it's being kept alive however they want to do it. I'll be looking forward to the half time beer replinishment/potty break!!!

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, Tim Watson
5/27/11, 4:56 PM   #16
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

The unique mid-race stop which led to Shane Hmiel’s late-race heroics a year ago, will be repeated, with a red flag issued at the conclusion of lap 51. This year’s rules permit one tire change per car but a right-rear change will result in the car being moved to the back of the restart order. Cars may also add up to five gallons of fuel. A red flag issued after lap 35 and before lap 51 will replace the mandatory red flag stoppage at lap 51.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

And thanks Dyno Don, ill gladly take your seat, at least there are some of us who want to keep races alive and to not "refuse to go" because of petty BS

5/27/11, 4:57 PM   #17
old timer

One high horsepower motor brand can't make 100 laps and still win so the rule changes!!!!!

5/27/11, 4:58 PM   #18
Chris Nunn

Thanks Dyno Don, ill gladly take your seat as one of the people who wont let petty BS keep me from supporting the sport I love.

4 members like this post: buck2, Dannypollock24, PJ Wright
5/27/11, 5:28 PM   #19
Don 65s

Chris, How many mods? Thanks Don

5/27/11, 5:37 PM   #20
Chris Nunn

No idea yet don, im still in traffic at Harding and 465 lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fairgrounds tonight?