IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg results?
4/17/23, 11:25 AM   #11
Re: Burg results?
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Unfortunately I think as some have pointed on here weekly racing could become a thing of the past.
Maybe not ALL racing, but the top tiers of local racing are definitely heading in that direction. The money just isn't there anymore to either pay an appropriate purse or to field cars at that level with the likelihood of making enough back to just pay for a right rear tire. No one is to blame. It's just the reality of the situation.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld
4/17/23, 11:53 AM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not sure it's about payout anymore. Just the sheer cost of racing.

10grand to win and 750 to start barely gets 20lms (Non Sanctioned) at a track that averaged thirty just 20yrs ago.

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, PIT CART
4/17/23, 12:08 PM   #13
motorhead748

I saw the writing on the wall when I sold out 20 years ago…. It’s taken longer to get there than I guessed

4/17/23, 6:05 PM   #14
openwheelfan1

While I’m not going to say that all is well with weekly racing in IN, NW sprint cars WERE spread pretty thin Saturday evening. Waynesfield had 25, Lincoln Park had 32, Tri-State had 35 and Lawrenceburg had 8. That is 100 NW sprint cars. That is ABOUT what was normal for a Saturday night last year when LPS, Paragon and Lawrenceburg would all run a weekly show.

Now….with that said, I am and have been concerned about the racing costs vs. payouts for several years. Motor costs, tire costs, fuel costs (both racing and tow vehicle) all have increased significantly over the last five years, but payouts have not kept pace. AND from the track promoter/owners standpoint, I get it!! Their fuel costs for the equipment for weekly track prep has gone up, concession costs are up, insurance costs are up, but crowds haven’t increased….in most cases their weekly crowd is smaller than 5 yrs ago on average.

IMO, there are no easy answers here. Racers and promoters are being squeezed by costs and fans have less money to spend attending races thanks to THEIR costs increasing as well. I wish I had answers, but I don’t.

4/17/23, 6:47 PM   #15
badcoupe

Burgs car counts have been dwindling in all classes for a few years. Stinks cause the facility is nice and they get decent crowds, but until things with the track itself improve I doubt it’ll get any better.

2 members like this post: cabjr111, tirespinner
4/18/23, 5:16 AM   #16
Hubie48

when your just starting out it is better to choose a track without a wall........

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
4/18/23, 8:18 AM   #17
JHarris

sprintcarratings.com has the feature results.

2 members like this post: BillV99, tirespinner
4/18/23, 10:12 AM   #18
TommyTipover

If it’s going to survive the Burg needs to return to a 1/4 mile track.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg results?