IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather at Plymouth?
6/27/20, 11:00 AM   #11
Re: Weather at Plymouth?
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Well John, just to be clear I was very much critical of races run against the Corn Belt National’s. But I didn’t mean that local tracks hundreds of miles away should shut down, I meant that sanctioned races should not be held against it, like MSCS. For the betterment of big time non wing racing it would be good to have all the players on board. As far as Plymouth is concerned, Richie pretty much spelled it out. Race was scheduled unchanged for months, why would you go against it knowing it’s your same fan base and competitors? And pay more than a regular show on top? Why didn’t Gas ask for the date that I96 had to give up which was today? Why didn’t Kokomo come on board too and have a nice little weekend with 3 tracks within 90 miles of each other running USAC? That would have benefited both the tracks and fans. I enjoyed the Plymouth race just fine, just saying with a little forethought and cooperation it could’ve worked better for everyone
I agree. I was there at Plymouth last night and their slowly buy surely getting a handle on the dust and keeping the track wet enough to try and keep the dust issue down. Congrats to Justin Grant on the win. Hell even the 4 cylinders & 600 Micro's put on a show.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
6/27/20, 3:28 PM   #12
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Why didn’t Gas ask for the date that I96 had to give up which was today? Why didn’t Kokomo come on board too and have a nice little weekend with 3 tracks within 90 miles of each other running USAC? That would have benefited both the tracks and fans. I enjoyed the Plymouth race just fine, just saying with a little forethought and cooperation it could’ve worked better for everyone
Maybe the other tracks didnt try for a date this weekend as the local fans wallets are probably just as dry as the weather (until today) with the recent running of midget week at $25 each night plus shipping and handling....

You didnt mention Paragon running against Charleston WAR race last night. They are probably 90 miles apart too.... I'm guessing each venue had a good night with enough cars and fans?

6/27/20, 7:57 PM   #13
mscs20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Maybe the other tracks didnt try for a date this weekend as the local fans wallets are probably just as dry as the weather (until today) with the recent running of midget week at $25 each night plus shipping and handling....

You didnt mention Paragon running against Charleston WAR race last night. They are probably 90 miles apart too.... I'm guessing each venue had a good night with enough cars and fans?
30 Sprints 36 midgets at Charleston.

4 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner
6/28/20, 12:40 PM   #14
flagboy55

I didn’t mention WAR because they’re not USAC. And if you’re worried about midget week draining everyone’s wallet why would you race at all? And know that the same fan base is going to have to choose? I’m not slamming any track, I’m pointing out what seems like an obvious chance to cooperate and improve things for everyone. But cooperation these days is a tough commodity

6/28/20, 8:07 PM   #15
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I didnt see Ballou in the roster or Plymouth. ?

6/28/20, 8:36 PM   #16
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
I didnt see Ballou in the roster or Plymouth. ?
He’s running PA Speed Week

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, mc/rider
6/28/20, 8:45 PM   #17
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Most tracks have lost a quarter of their seasons already. There are going to be conflicts going forward with scheduling on top of one another. Gas city was already going to run a local show last Friday and Plymouth had usac scheduled, Paragon also ran. All 3 tracks had good car counts and good racing. I'm just glad places are racing and things are slowly going back to normal.

Tk

3 members like this post: fish, PIT CART, racefan20
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather at Plymouth?