IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
D.O. (Offline)
  #1 9/18/09 3:31 PM
10 years ago Ted Hines won the final event at 16thst speedway and the place closed down.
Before the feature Dru & I were married on the stage with all the drivers.

I do miss 16th st and the racing that went on there and the racers, fans and friends that came every week.

All that is left is the memorys of Sleepy Tripp, Tony Stewart, Andy Pierce, Andy Michner, Jimmy Kite, Jay Drake, Ricky Shelton, Tracy & Ted Hines, The Potters and every one else at 16th st Speedway.

RIP Big Kenny Allison too

D.O. & Dru
Haulerin2deep (Offline)
  #2 9/18/09 3:41 PM
The very first night my wife and I moved to Speedway from Illinois there was a race at 16th St Speedway. My buddies, brother , wife and I thanked our folks for helping us move, ushered them out the door and off the the races we went. Kelly's pub afterwords. Man I miss those days.!!!!!!! Loved watching "Critter", Roger Mcluskey, Pierce, Jeffy Dickerson, Wild thing Ricky Vaughn. We lost something when that placed closed again.

Oh yeah, how about Steve Knepper kicking everyones Arse's week in and out over there. Man could he get around that place.
Seadog (Offline)
  #3 9/18/09 3:45 PM
I was there and remember that night. Congrats on ten years D.O and Dru. Wow, ten years already.

I just hope nobody drove it in too deep that night.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #4 9/18/09 4:05 PM
I was there that night and many others. I met alot of the people I know in racing today thru going to the races there. Congrats DO & Dru!

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Vukie (Offline)
  #5 9/18/09 4:06 PM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
I was there and remember that night.
Seadog you are getting old, that was an afternoon show.

I got some video laying around here somewhere that I shot that day.

Congrats to DO and Dru.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Originally Posted by D.O.:
10 years ago Ted Hines won the final event at 16thst speedway and the place closed down.
Before the feature Dru & I were married on the stage with all the drivers.

I do miss 16th st and the racing that went on there and the racers, fans and friends that came every week.

All that is left is the memorys of Sleepy Tripp, Tony Stewart, Andy Pierce, Andy Michner, Jimmy Kite, Jay Drake, Ricky Shelton, Tracy & Ted Hines, The Potters and every one else at 16th st Speedway.

RIP Big Kenny Allison too

D.O. & Dru
You forgot Mike Fupler.
Seadog (Offline)
  #6 9/18/09 4:21 PM
Originally Posted by Vukie:
Seadog you are getting old, that was an afternoon show...
I wasn't talking about the race, I was talking after they got hitched. By the way, about your insuation that I am getting old..I am NOT getting old. I already am old.:2: Maybe not as old as SUPERDUKE, but...
Kevracer58 (Offline)
  #7 9/18/09 4:48 PM
Unfortunately, the only races I ever got to see at the new 16th Street Speedway was "Summer Sizzle," and it was an amazing event.
Ovalmeister (Offline)
  #8 9/18/09 4:58 PM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
I just hope nobody drove it in too deep that night.
Gregg, you literally made me spew my coffee when I read that line.
David.

Congrats D.O. and Dru!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 9/18/09 5:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knp9-GY6fHE

For D.O and Dru

Charles Nungester
Augie (Offline)
  #10 9/18/09 6:07 PM
We were there that afternoon to witness the hitching, and off to IRP that night.