IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Crown Cancelled in 2018?
9/25/17, 6:58 PM   #1
4 Crown Cancelled in 2018?
staggerman

Is this what all the complainers want to hear? Every night is not going to be a crowd pleaser but I would think eventually the promoter will toss in the towel and book another weekend of late models and modifieds for all the complaining. Just my thoughts.

9/25/17, 7:24 PM   #2
Re: 4 Crown Cancelled in 2018?
ISF

Check some of the dirt late model boards and check out the wholesale bashing of the track prep for the World 100. It was uglier than anything posted here about the 4 Crown.

2 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
9/25/17, 8:27 PM   #3
PIT CART

I was at the world 100, I personally will never want to miss another one!🏁🍺

7 members like this post: Augie, bobO, nathans1012, smith19, speed bump, tirespinner, worm
9/25/17, 8:40 PM   #4
flagboy55

I too was at the world and go fairly regularly and it's always good. I thought most critics of the 4 crown were positive for the most part. The crowd for the 4 crown was the biggest I've seen for the event and that was after last year's marathon night. Interesting comparison between the 2 is the late model tires don't seem to lay rubber down the same way that the open wheel cars do. The silver crown race, especially in 3 and 4 got the groove to groove and a half wide patch of rubber where if you got out of it, you're going to watch the train go by. The late models even at the end of the race were still all over the track

3 members like this post: bobO, spicoli, tirespinner
9/25/17, 9:27 PM   #5
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Check some of the dirt late model boards and check out the wholesale bashing of the track prep for the World 100. It was uglier than anything posted here about the 4 Crown.
Ok, they can replace the event with a tractor pull. Remember when they had those a few years back!

1 member likes this post: Racer_dude35
9/25/17, 10:24 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Another Monster Truck show wouldn't hurt.

Just kidding. Your entitled to your opinion. Most of us didn't bash, just stated what we seen as facts. I had a good time and YES, it could have been better and that's about the most anyone is asking for.

I actually thought the crowd was down a bit from last year but none of us know the ticket sales.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/25/17 at 10:27 PM.

9/26/17, 8:47 AM   #7
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
I was at the world 100, I personally will never want to miss another one!🏁🍺
We've been to 22 Worlds. Haven't attended one in 10 years and miss it a little less each year for several reasons not the least of which is the fact that of the last 5 we attended only 1 of them was a good race. It's overcrowded, mostly by drunks.

1 member likes this post: team3521
9/26/17, 9:05 AM   #8
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
We've been to 22 Worlds. Haven't attended one in 10 years and miss it a little less each year for several reasons not the least of which is the fact that of the last 5 we attended only 1 of them was a good race. It's overcrowded, mostly by drunks.
I have found that this opinion becomes more and more common each year. Talking about the "drunks" part.

Now don't get me wrong, I like to tie one on at a race once in awhile. But my dad and I use to go to every Dream and World 100 and sit in the same seats every year. Each time we went we noticed less race fans and more people there for the party aspect of it. I've seen the same behavior at the King's Royal.

My personal favorite was last year when a guy was so trashed he couldn't understand why giving beer to little kids was getting him arrested.

2 members like this post: oppweld, speed bump
9/26/17, 9:39 AM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I haven't and won't go to the bigger events since 2004 when a guy so drunk spilled beer over me and my gf and my brother and his wife then had the gall to badger us about steve kinser for two hours.. I tried to explain I like Kinser and everyone else out there. Oh no, Kinser is god, put your money where your mouth is. ya ya. Finally his friends put him at the other end of their group. It wasn't the first time for such a thing, but the worst and the last.

1 member likes this post: bobO
9/26/17, 11:52 AM   #10
1021gpa

Went to the world for 1st time this year other than heat race with hudson oneal winning racing sucked too many people to many drunks I will stick to watching sprintcars there

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 Crown Cancelled in 2018?