IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jrp4554 (Offline)
  #1 5/24/12 4:50 PM
Just got a text alert saying tc canceled. I guess mini sprints will just head to waynesfield

Posted via Mobile Device
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #2 5/24/12 5:07 PM
Text said cancelled due to forcasted heat index and circumstances beyond our control.
BrianBSU23 (Offline)
  #3 5/24/12 6:02 PM
If you are a mini sprint and you are interested in running wingless, we would love to have you race in our midget division at the Montpelier Motor Speedway on Saturday night. The mini-sprints have been competitive in both races this season.

Info can be found at: www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com
2 Likes: Melmo
Midget18 (Offline)
  #4 5/24/12 6:15 PM
The mini sprints are very competitive also..... Joe Liguori won the heat and finished 5th last race against a good field of midgets

Posted via Mobile Device
ambrose1 (Offline)
  #5 5/24/12 6:55 PM
what happened, did the creek dry up??!!
sprint12 (Offline)
  #6 5/24/12 9:35 PM
Wow what is the heat index? We race in Texas and never cancelled a race for heat. ( sometimes I wish the would have
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #7 5/24/12 9:51 PM
Tomorrow and Saturday the heat index is around 95, but Sunday will be a killer for the 500 at 94 degrees and a heat index of 102 or more!

Posted via Mobile Device
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #8 5/25/12 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by sprint12:
Wow what is the heat index? We race in Texas and never cancelled a race for heat. ( sometimes I wish the would have
I doubt it's the heat index.....more likely "circumstances beyond our control". Whatever that means.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
3 Likes: GFMMInc, MEAT, rdzsprint
GFMMInc (Offline)
  #9 5/25/12 12:34 PM
I remember growing up in the south in Oklahoma and remember it being scorching hot and we sill went racing. Lawton down by the Texas border could be brutal. Then racing at the old OKC State Fair Speedway was awesome. Miss that grandstand that provided shade. I cherish the memories of my little brother and I watching our dad run around that track with some of the old time greats! I say we wait through all the ice and snow of winter to get weather like this. Let's race!!
2 Likes: Phylo82, rdzsprint
MacTexas (Offline)
  #10 5/25/12 7:12 PM
Circumstance beyond control means they haven't fixed the fence yet.