IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Two Year Heavenversary
7/28/16, 6:26 AM   #1
Mrs G
Administrator

Two years ago today we said goodbye to such a good man! Two years? How is that even possible? It is amazing how fast two years can go by and yet there are times when it feels like it all just happened yesterday. I have such mixed emotions when I think of Bill. I'm so thankful that he's healed, finally cancer free, but then there's the sadness, pain and longing that still comes and goes. Today I am choosing to remember, honor and celebrate the impact he had, and how much of a blessing he was to me and others! Always loved, never forgotten!❤️

Mrs G

7/28/16, 11:21 AM   #2
tdt636

I think this needs to be at the top all day!!

7/28/16, 11:42 AM   #3
Re: Two Year Heavenversary
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

There are so many of us who will not forget Bill. I am sure our thoughts and prayers are with you.

7/28/16, 11:46 AM   #4
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I had the pleasure of meeting Bill only once but I admire and respect him greatly! Happy Heavenversary! I'm sure he would choose to be here with you but he is with Jesus, we know, in a healthy body!
PS You are in my prayers!

7/28/16, 12:26 PM   #5
Jerry Shaw

It sure doesn't seem like it's been 2 years, already. Not only does everybody miss the man named Bill Gardner and all his great qualities, there's also probably no way to measure the number of people that have been brought together by his creation, IOW.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/28/16 at 12:29 PM.

7/28/16, 12:47 PM   #6
tdt636

Luckily I have enough Bill stories and memories to last a lifetime. Cross country camps at McCormick's Creek; Talladega, our Orlando silver crown trip, taking him "long haul" trucking to Greensburg....damn I miss hanging out with him!!!

7/28/16, 4:45 PM   #7
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G View Post
Two years ago today we said goodbye to such a good man! Two years? How is that even possible? It is amazing how fast two years can go by and yet there are times when it feels like it all just happened yesterday. I have such mixed emotions when I think of Bill. I'm so thankful that he's healed, finally cancer free, but then there's the sadness, pain and longing that still comes and goes. Today I am choosing to remember, honor and celebrate the impact he had, and how much of a blessing he was to me and others! Always loved, never forgotten!❤️

Mrs G
Bump my friend.

Jerry #66j

2 members like this post: racegal, scottyCbus
7/28/16, 5:18 PM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

This photo of Bill came up on my timeline today. He was the first to donate to the "Smackdown Awards" we all did for a couple years. He was always the first one to put his hand up for anything.

We were at Putnamville one afternoon talking to Bill,and my phone rings,and its Morty calling me. It was just after Morty told me he had Cancer,and I told him Bill was talking with us,and he should talk to Bill. I handed Bill my phone,and he probably talked to Morty for 45 minutes before hanging up,and giving me my phone back and then he thanked ME for letting him talk with Morty about Cancer etc. He was a heck of a guy.....RIP.......

7/28/16, 5:45 PM   #9
Mrs G
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
This photo of Bill came up on my timeline today. He was the first to donate to the "Smackdown Awards" we all did for a couple years. He was always the first one to put his hand up for anything.

We were at Putnamville one afternoon talking to Bill,and my phone rings,and its Morty calling me. It was just after Morty told me he had Cancer,and I told him Bill was talking with us,and he should talk to Bill. I handed Bill my phone,and he probably talked to Morty for 45 minutes before hanging up,and giving me my phone back and then he thanked ME for letting him talk with Morty about Cancer etc. He was a heck of a guy.....RIP.......
Thanks for sharing, Andrew!

7/29/16, 3:10 PM   #10
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Bump it up! We miss ya Bill!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Two Year Heavenversary