IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That
12/24/22, 10:18 PM   #41
sprintracer82

https://www.wlns.com/news/dice-auto-...ad-cars-again/

From local teams I've spoken to, it's been an ongoing problem.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
12/24/22, 11:34 PM   #42
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Rick View Post
Terre Haute is a different animal. The Speedway and Action Track are the just about the only open wheel tracks left with an infield friendly to race fans. Been that way forever. A good compromise would allow for coolers, can beer and fried chicken in the infield.
Not sure why the fried chicken is needed, just make a trip to the Sati Babi stand when it’s there. You won’t regret it.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, superstock30
12/27/22, 3:48 PM   #43
Re: That
NoDramazone2020

Concerning alcohol sales at tracks. TSS sells and you can bring in the largest cooler you have filled with beer. I flat out asked a sheriff on site one time, what is the law, his response was, "there is no such law in Indiana about bringing in alcohol when the track sells it"....those telling you this are lying.....Just what I was told.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, oppweld, rimrider69, tirespinner
12/27/22, 5:40 PM   #44
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDramazone2020 View Post
Concerning alcohol sales at tracks. TSS sells and you can bring in the largest cooler you have filled with beer. I flat out asked a sheriff on site one time, what is the law, his response was, "there is no such law in Indiana about bringing in alcohol when the track sells it"....those telling you this are lying.....Just what I was told.
Excise police will tell you differently. I would be willing to wager you on this.

3 members like this post: badcoupe, DirtTrackTherapy16J, tirespinner
12/28/22, 12:05 AM   #45
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Would love to see you or this "Sheriff" tell Excise their lying. Again as stated before, it is a true statement. I have my bartender license/liquor license and this IS a question on a REQUIRED TO PASS TEST in order to obtain these license...just telling you that's how it is.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
12/28/22, 12:50 AM   #46
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirttracktherapy16j View Post
would love to see you or this "sheriff" tell excise their lying. Again as stated before, it is a true statement. I have my bartender license/liquor license and this is a question on a required to pass test in order to obtain these license...just telling you that's how it is.

5 members like this post: luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69, The Old Coyote, tirespinner
12/28/22, 4:44 AM   #47
addictedtodirt

Quote:
I forgot TSS sells beer also . Thanks for the reminder Kirk. It's clear that each facility does what they see fit to do for their fans and bottom line.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, GlobalSpeedway Tours, tirespinner
12/28/22, 8:28 AM   #48
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpracing1 View Post

12/28/22, 3:20 PM   #49
kb78

I could be wrong, but I think here in Ohio we have the same thing. It is not "Illegal" for me to take my own beer into Eldora as in I cannot get in trouble for it, but if Eldora allows me to take in my own alcohol they can lose their liqueur license. Both things can be true, although it is technically not illegal, it is against the rules for the track or whoever has a liqueur license. I cannot carry my own into a bar or restaurant and I cannot carry any out after I have bought it.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
12/28/22, 3:44 PM   #50
BrentTFunk

Dramazone 2020 does not appear to believe his own BS. Still willing to wager here.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That