IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What are you thankful for?
11/25/09, 2:43 AM   #11
Re: What are you thankful for?
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

I'm thankful for the family and friends that support me, even when it's months at time between seeing them...
For the piece of mind that comes with knowing I have a roof over my head and food in my belly....
For a loving and forgiving god that protects me each and every day, sometimes I don't understand why he does things but in the end it works for the best...
Racing the greatest sport on earth and all the people that support it to give me a release from everyday life....
And finally the oppurtunity to serve the greatest country in the world, weather in the states or abroad, so that I can know that those I love will sleep safe tonight...

11/25/09, 7:35 AM   #12
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newman1957 View Post
Trust me... with this being two weeks to the day since donating a kidney to a friend of mine, I'm thankful to start having an appetite again. I couldn't imagine not feeling like eating on Thanksgiving.

Oh Yeah.... not to mention my buddy is feeling better than ever and doing great.
Now this is a good person. That had to be one heck of a tough decision to make.

11/25/09, 12:25 PM   #13
Tony Barhorst

I am Thankful for everyday I am alive and able to enjoy good family, friends, music, sports...and good food...THE INTERNET...my goodness..what a force it is.

May our leaders and businesses work to guide our country back to plentiful jobs and a vital economy.

May God Bless our military service members, and guide our leaders to make good decisions on their well being.

Best to all from www.rumbleseries.com

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 11/26/09 at 9:22 AM.

11/25/09, 4:23 PM   #14
Bill Gardner
Administrator

I am not thankful for anything... I just want the good food. Juuuuuust kidding... well, except for the food, I do want that.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

11/25/09, 5:29 PM   #15
Obie

I'm thankful for my husband & my 2 beautiful grandchildren. We all have a roof over our heads & food in our bellys. My husband & I both have good jobs, which helps us spoil the grandkids. Greatful for our wonderful racin family & how much fun we have all summer long. Our families live close by & we see them often. But most importantly, I'm thankful for our lovin God, who makes everything possible.

Happy Thanksgivin, everyone.

11/25/09, 6:33 PM   #16
Jerry Shaw

There are some things that are obvious. I'm thankful for a loving and supportive family to not only get to spend Thanksgiving with, but also one that I can count on to be there for me, when I'm in need. And vise versa.

I'm very lucky that I have a great girlfriend that I can not only enjoy the races with, but one who also doesn't take it out on me too bad, when I go to a race that she can't make it to. I'm fortunate to have her with me.

I'm thankful that so many young men and women answered the call to serve in our Armed Forces. Without them making the sacrifices that they have, we couldn't enjoy the freedoms that we do. Nor could millions of others, in other countries that we've came to the aid of.

I'm also thankful that several years ago, I took Lauren Besecker's advice and came to a website called USACFans.com. I've met some of the best people I've ever met, through this website. Some that'll be friends forever. Great people, that are hardcore race fans, that I learn something, just about every time I'm around. Bill Gardner's creation turned the races, something I already loved, into an episode of Cheers, every time I step out of my car.

And something that I sometimes forget about, but was reminded of again, today. That I'm thankful that God chose to put me right here in West Central Indiana. Earlier I went to Krogers and Rural King. Between the people around me in the checkout lines, the ones that I passed in the aisles and the cashiers and stockers at both places, I noticed just how warm and genuinely friendly the people here are. I wouldn't trade my years in the military or time traveling in my career for anything, but this is one of the things that I always missed the most, when I was away.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in my IOW racing family.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 11/26/09 at 3:32 AM.

4 members like this post: jerrythar500, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright
11/25/09, 7:39 PM   #17
sprntr

I'm most Thankful that my Darling Wife has sucessfully beaten her Breast Cancer!

I'm also Thankful for:
Good Health
My Darling Wife
My Sons - (most days)
My Grandson
My Family
My Friends
Dirt Track Racing
Dirt Champ Cars
Ricky Nix for letting me crew on his Crown Car
IOW
America
A Job
The Internet
Last edited by sprntr; 11/25/09 at 7:42 PM.

11/25/09, 8:12 PM   #18
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I'm also thankful that several years ago, I took Lauren Besecker's advice and came to a website called USACFans.com. I've met some of the best people I've ever met, through this website. Some that'll be friends forever. Great people, that are hardcore race fans, that I learn something, just about every time I'm around. Bill Gardner's creation turned the races, something I already loved, into an episode of Cheers, every time I step out of my car.

Jerry
That is the best way I've ever heard it explained. That is what I was hoping for several years ago. I am just thankful that it worked out.

11/25/09, 8:59 PM   #19
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
I'm most Thankful that my Darling Wife has sucessfully beaten her Breast Cancer!

I'm also Thankful for:
Good Health
My Darling Wife
My Sons - (most days)
My Grandson
My Family
My Friends
Dirt Track Racing
Dirt Champ Cars
Ricky Nix for letting me crew on his Crown Car
IOW
America
A Job
The Internet
Sprntr,

I am glad to hear your wife beat breast cancer. I hope she stays cancer free.

1 member likes this post: sprntr
11/25/09, 9:05 PM   #20
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Mike, Thank You for starting this thread, and we hope all is well as it can be with Andrew.

So many things that I am Thankful for, these are in no certain order,
being an American, able to get out of bed every morning and have a job to go to, my Loving family, which if need be I would give my life for no questions asked, being able to make choices in my life, not having some one make these for me.
Proudly serving my country for six years, would I do it again, you DAMN betcha.Just being able to have the freedom in my life to do what I want to do.
I could go on, but won't, I am even Thankful for the new people that I have met through this board, some I like to call friends, others I thought were, but we learn something new everyday don't we?
May everyone have a Very Blessed Thanksgiving.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What are you thankful for?